Quantcast

Rode to work today...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
...I've only commuted to work one other time and that was last year when I was living in a different town. Where my work is located is a very rough place to commute. Lotsa transfer trucks and such. I was supposed to get up at 5:45am and do some stretches, gear up and get on the road. My coworker calls me at 6:05am and says he's on the way to meeting point - I was still in the bed, didn't hear the alarm. I go into panic mode and get all my gear on and get out the door in less than 5 minutes and wound up only being a minute or so late where we were supposed to meet. It wound up being a little over 7 miles in less than 23 minutes. I was happy with that. Once I met up with my coworker, we did the last 5 miles of the commute in about 20 minutes. He's riding a mtb with slicks and I'm on a roadie so I just meandored behind him for the ride into work. It was a good cool down.

After work today, we are going to ride out of here and meet up with a group around 6:30 and we'll probably get in 25 or so and then I'll loop back out to the house. Prolly get in around 50 today. I'll be happy with that since this is the first time this year I've done anything over 20.

It feels good to leave the truck at home sometimes. :)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good for you! I always feel great on the days I bike commute, arrive at work charged up and ready to roll.

Have a good time on your road ride!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Nice job! It's a really easy way to fit riding in if you don't have a lot of free time in the evenings.

splat

Nam I am
Nice !!

I always fell so much better though out the day when I ride in, PLus I then ge tto look forward to the ride home.

I'm Hoping to be able to ride in tommorow , will be my first time since I got sick. but the anti-biotics have screwed up my sleep so bad we will see.