Quantcast

Rodeo Clowns

stinkydawg

Chimp
Oct 10, 2006
I watched some Rodeo Clowns last night and was wondering if anyone knew what the hiring process was for this. You know, the prereqs, salary, training and such. I'm sure these cats get paid good cash...anyone who knows...help out!

I know the monkeys will help me out on this one....I really want to become one, what a career huh?

I think that downhillers should take over rodeo: Think about it...you have a beast between your legs, no need to tweek the suspension, tires or any mechanical adjustments like that...just jump on and ride!

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
They don't make a bunch. The pros are all sponsored. Most already come from some money. Most of them I knew were ranchers.

Most importantly, you had better know cattle. Your job won't be to be run over, but it is to keep the cowboy from being run over. If you can't read what the animals will do, you will be hurt. Badly.

Like riding bulls, it's not if, but when. I've clowned a few times and every time I got smoked. That was in amateur pens. The big boys are bad, or they certainly can be.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I spent a good night of drinking with the guy on the far right, Greg Ruhmor and the guy on the left of the barrel, Donny Sparks, one night. It ended with a giant fight and them being tossed out of the bar. I got them back in and we had some really funny stories to tell later.

Donny has a brother that fought too. His name was Ronnie and they were from Texarkana if I recall. Greg was Canadian and a really cool dude.

stinkydawg

Chimp
Oct 10, 2006
That is awesome...Thanks for the pics and info Bogey!! Ya know, I've been known to have the speed of a mongoose at times, I might be able to just outsmart those ol bulls. Ya just have to show them a little TLC man!! haha

MMike, my parents would be very pleased with me I do believe, my Pop was an elephant pooper scooper in his day!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just make sure you don't want to do it for an excuse to wear makeup at work. If that is the case just join and Emo band.