Quantcast

"Rogue" bike parks

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
When you cruise dj forums and hang out with other riders all the time, it's kind of a reality check to see a news story like that. The VAST majority of people out there just have no idea. Those kids probably have no idea either... rebuilding jumps right in the middle of a park after they've been dozed? What a waste of time. I'm curious to see what it looked like before the dozing.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
That sucks on many levels.

Bottom line is, look at any spot that has been around (some in my area for like 20 years) they are all in the woods. Out of sight out of mind. The average american is too fat and lazy to go in the woods to see what you are doing.

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
That sucks on many levels.

The average american is too fat and lazy to go in the woods to see what you are doing.
And if the average person does stumble upon your area, they usually are impressed and just ask questions. I have seen many types over the years and have not run into too many problem people. I have run into many odd balls, but they can say the same about me when I am out there in jeans and 95 degrees drinking stale beer, that is vacation to me.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
And if the average person does stumble upon your area, they usually are impressed and just ask questions. I have seen many types over the years and have not run into too many problem people. I have run into many odd balls, but they can say the same about me when I am out there in jeans and 95 degrees drinking stale beer, that is vacation to me.
amen .....