Quantcast

role call

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
So here goes with the role call. Where is everybody and what's the riding like?
I'm in S.Korea, living in Wonju and riding primarily in Seoul (Namhansansong, Acha-san, etc.) The crew is called The Filthies. The freeriding is off the scale. Just last week two fellas picked up a swanky truck for doing shuttle runs, we've begun more trail building at the Nam, and the summer is looking dead sexy. If you're not here, you're missing out.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Living in Japan on Shikoku. I've got a dirty great big mountain real close by with a killer 5 km downhill but no crew to ride with:( My life is a box filled with dirt.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by Stiff
Hey Valve, what would Tokyo be like for DH? I'm thinking about a gig there.
Mate Tokyo itself would be crap as it is situated on the Kanto plain which is one of the few flat places in Japan. But Tokyo is only 3 hours from Nagano where there are a lot of places to ride such as Fujimi Panorama. Tell me a little more about the gig under consideration and maybe I'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Tell me a little more about the gig under consideration and maybe I'll be able to point you in the right direction.
Right in the center of town: Minato-ku. So access to DH tracks would be difficult, eh? I've been to Tokyo, but was wondering if there was a big crew of Tokyo guys who REALLY ride DH and get out of the city often, and if gaijin were welcomed (Korea's a mixed bag in that regards).

Panorama has tons of trails, or just two descents (as was the case a few years ago, I heard)?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Stiff you know,I'm Partsbara's (ya hoser partsy*)) best mate so you can rely on me to set you up straight mate so just PM me and I'll do my best :D :D