Quantcast

Rolfing / SI

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sayeth teh googlz.:

http://www.rolf.org/about

Paging Dr. Toshi to the white courtesy phone. This smacks of chiropractic "medicine". Not to say it might not help, but there seems to be a fair amount of voodoo in that website description. I'll be curious to know what you think after your appointment.

*edit: Wikipedia is a skeptic

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Deep tissue massage with some chiro voodoo, though the voodoo sounds much like some of the "medicine" talk my therapists sent my way. I like the aim of the practice, now I just need to see if it does what it says it does. Rumor is that the process is pretty painful, so I have a raging semi already.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Robert Schleip in the Rolfing Structural Integration community questions the original emphasis placed on fascia by Rolf and now believes that the symptoms they detect and treat may have more to do with abnormally high muscle tonus than actual fascial restrictions.
Muscle tone/tonus is the big issue for me since I busted my head-holder. Just had a regular massage that worked wonders. Hoping this will be even better.

JLStout

Chimp
Mar 12, 2010
Redding Ca
A good friend of mine practices this. She is an RN also. Most people who get into this are already in the medical profession. My wife had it done, and it did cure her plantar faciaitis.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, I'm currently working with two individuals. After two sessions with one, and one session with the other, I'm seeing real, noticeable, immediate improvements. It isn't cheap, and it isn't a "relaxing" massage, but there is something to it. My left hip has been an issue for a while since it started moving again, and after the work I had done yesterday, it is like a whole different hip. Not good as new, but moving that way.