Quantcast

Roll call! Beacon part Deux

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Oly OUT!

I really want to spend time at hood... its 6-8 hours less driving over the weekend, cheaper, and a heck of a lot more technical.

Good luck to everyone who goes...

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
bummer damon. i rode it yesterday and if you like jumps you'll like it. they added four more doubles, three in front of berm to berm and one right after it. i'm there.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
oly said:
Oly OUT!

I really want to spend time at hood... its 6-8 hours less driving over the weekend, cheaper, and a heck of a lot more technical.

Good luck to everyone who goes...
mt. hood is the following weekend, no?

fumehood

Chimp
Feb 25, 2005
I just heard (not sure how reliable) that they might wipe out some of the new jumps. Does anyone know any details of this and which ones? This will be my first race, so all the jumps before the berm-to-berm are just out of my reach, so I am trying to figure out how they wil have the easy-out or if they will just make racers have to slow down and roll over them, but then if you just roll them, it still makes it very hard to get speed to hit the berm-to-berm. I just need to get comfortable riding at the speed needed to hit all those jumps and will be good to go.

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
the doubles are kind of tight. not like a jump park though. if you make the first one you're good from then on. i tried about six times and couldn't get the first one right. it's right after you come down off the rock. i rolled them all and had no problem getting speed for the berm to berm. the one after the berm to berm is weird though. i wouldn't be upset if they tore some of them down, it is a downhill race after all, not a freestyle comp.