Quantcast

Roll call for Chile Challenge

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
The Dirty McBait Crew should be in the hizzle.

Joel,

How many of your crew are gonna do the Better Downhill program? When are you planning on arriving to Anglefire? Does your crew have the same condo as last?

Our crew still needs to make arrrangements for a place to stay, and I am a bit concerned we are too late..

See you in NM

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I guess it is way too far off in the distant future for any of my friends to make a decision on going or not.

Hope they do go but I'm rollin solo with only my brother so it makes no difference to me whether they go or not.

I'll be in Angel Fire Memorial Day Weekend, (Sat, Sun and Mon). Then we're off to find somewhere else to ride before coming back to AF for the Chile!

I have not made any reservations. This month I am double-ing up on all my bills cause next month I have to finish building my BMW and also fund the road trip to the race. I probably bringing my pop-up and kickin it trailer park style!! But if your crew has space, I'll split the cost of the room with ya! PM me the details!

joel

DHTRAVELER

Chimp
Feb 16, 2004
TEXAS
Originally posted by chinoloco
I know for sure that there are going to be many of us from Austin there.
Hey Patrick,
I will be going to Af also, at least I'm 99.999% sure. Missed you in Cloudcroft this weekend it was a blast.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
When is the big AngelFire race? Im from AR and i was at the DD race. BTW is your little bro gunna be up here for Mena? I need to know if there will be anyone else to race against in junior. Is the chile challenge a DH race or what any info would be great. Id be interest in heading out even though its a haul.

thanks and are you gunna make it to mena also?

DHTRAVELER

Chimp
Feb 16, 2004
TEXAS
Originally posted by chinoloco
What can I say, I'm a corporate slave. Glad you made it out safely. See you in Mena too?
I should be there in Mena. Thats the plan anyway. BTW I leave for Whistler this Thursday on a bus/pleasure trip for two weeks...Jealous?
Mike

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Yup.. Roughrider crew will be there.. The trails are LONG and FAST.. I think I heard somewhere that Missy G.. is gonna help design the course, so i dont know if they will change the course this year.. There are a bunch o places to stay in Angelfire or Taos.. We will be goin up on the 3rd o june .. Also to Hester, come on over to RCFP.. If your comin this way.. Its kewl.. :evil:

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Originally posted by biker3
When is the big AngelFire race? Im from AR and i was at the DD race. BTW is your little bro gunna be up here for Mena? I need to know if there will be anyone else to race against in junior. Is the chile challenge a DH race or what any info would be great. Id be interest in heading out even though its a haul.

thanks and are you gunna make it to mena also?
JUNE 5-6 Angelfire NM .. :evil:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Check out the details on the Chile here:
http://www.cyclecyndicate.com/events/angelfire/index.htm

biker3-
The Chile Challenge is the same weekend as the Cass, Arkansas DH race.
But there is a chance that the Cass race will be rescheduled. That would be great so that I can race both races. The web site says possible a brand new DH course this year for the ChileChallenge. That's gonna be kick ass! If you can make it, do so. The mountain is big and the DH course can take anywhere from 6 minutes for pros and 10 minutes for sport (Final Descent times). Also, My brother will be at Mena to race beginner jr. It will be good to see yall duke it out! Have you been to check out the course in Mena yet?? There is a group of Dallas guys heading up there this weekend to work/ride the Mena course.

MountainG-
I'm in a bind. AF is not running the chair lift during the week(between Memorial Day weekend and June 5-6 Race) I'm going to be at AF for the 3 day weekend & the ChileC. I can't just sit around and wackit or ride XC. It's looking like I might go to Moab for a couple days and hit Barlets Wash and the PorkyPine Rim trail. July 4th may be a good time to go to RRC. well see...

joel

also. i'm horrible with name, screen names ETC. so yall fewls introduce yourselfs to me, i'll be riding a white/black Brooklyn TMX.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Thats kewl.. July is HOT HOT HOT!!! We will be doin a fat tire festival in Nov. some time.. Roughrider crew will be in Af.. my name is Jamie and 3 o us will be riding banshee screams.. We have grey shop shirts for the team.. Af doesnt open the lift till the week after the race.. Moab is kewl.. Virgin is better.. :evil:

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
hey a town crew when are you guys going. I'm thinking about meeting seth and tony in albuquerque and doing some of the shuttle runs in the sandias. All my familia leaves in albuquerque, and tony said he has a little bit of room. Joe and I are thinking about going up there on tuesday and riding on wed and going up to angle fire on thursday. Well if not keep in contact so we can party in the condo.

WillKRED

Chimp
May 22, 2002
Amarillo,TX
We'll keep you posted i think we are going to try and go to sandia hear pretty quick. Chilie challange is 5 days after we graduate, im pretty excited.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Dirty or WILL -

Me and my bro will be at Angel Fire Memorial Day weekend for the 3 days while they'll be running the lift. We will be back to AF Friday-Sunday for the race.

Tuesday, Wed and Thurs no Lift is running anywhere. We were thinking of going to MOAB to do some riding.

If you guys are going to be in NM during the week and hitting some local stuff, and would not mind us tagging along, that's cool ??

What is the scene of the local shuttle trails? pretty cool stuff ?? drops, stunts ?? where would you go to kill a few days prior to the Chile ??

joel

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
joel thats fine with me. Joe and I are going to meet tony and seth up in alb and u r more then welcome. I'll pm u my number so we can meet up. Tony has some sick @ss trails up in the sandias, so I can't wait.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Hey yall.. I think we are goin to hit up the SF trails.. They have some big jumps and stunts i hear.. The Albq. trails are awesome as well.. I dont know when we are laeving yet.. I will know more soon.. Maybe we can hook up w/ yall.. ??:evil:

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
That sunds good Goat. Joe clay gorden and I are going to be there on tuesday. We're going to dj on Tuesday and dh on Wed then head on up on Thursday. I think that were going to camp at that KOA out side of santa fe. Give me or joe a call so we can meet up.

Nolifegeek

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
In a van by the river!
Hey Joel!
This may be off topic because I don't know if I will have time to go to the Chile Challenge. But I was wondering if this was the same Joel I went to see in the hospital in 2001 with a trashed foot. If so I am glad to see you are feeling better and back on the bike again. If not kindly disreguard this post.....Jordan Blake

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Originally posted by Nolifegeek
Hey Joel!
This may be off topic because I don't know if I will have time to go to the Chile Challenge. But I was wondering if this was the same Joel I went to see in the hospital in 2001 with a trashed foot. If so I am glad to see you are feeling better and back on the bike again. If not kindly disreguard this post.....Jordan Blake
Jordan, yep that was me. Were you at that DH race too ? Damn, was that 2001 ? I am still doing daily would care dressings trying to get that foot to heal up. My how time flys ! I'm riding and racing DH again. i was well enough to race the Final Descent last year. That was my first race since my crash ! Thanks for the shout out !

joel