Quantcast

Roll Call for Greenwater Gamble

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Ok all you RM's who said you wanted to race but Whidbey, Bellingham and Leavenworth were too far away the Indie Series moves back to Pierce County. This Saturday-July 23 its out along highway 410 somewhere between Greenwater and Crystal. I know there were other reasons for not racing-Bellingham was muddy, Whidbey was muddy and raining, Leavenworth you had to pedal up a hill, this time the weather should be good and I dont think the hill is that high. Although they did say 1.6 miles of climbing. Time to dust off the old hardtail. :D

Heres a link to the race

http://home.comcast.net/~indieseries/wicksgreenwaterflyer.doc

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
undecided... Not sure if I want to get up that early and drive 3 hours to spend 5$ on parking, 30$ on entry fee, and ~30$ on gas...

I will probably decide on thursday or friday if I am going to go.

How was Schweitzer, keith???

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I got spanked-I think on the second time through the rock garden all of the women on the course had enough and decided to bury me in the rock garden--he he. On the lighter side I finished third in my age group- of course I had that when I showed up. The overall time was a little disappointing.

Schweitzer is a pretty rugged course-tough on hardtails. A nice light FS rig might be the way to go. If you ever do Schweitzer you have to do expert just because it puts you in with a good portion of the top riders in the west coast. The down side is that it cost a little more for the license.

Hopefully you could find someone else from Bellingham to hook a ride with. I am not sure on the parking I am thinking its probably just a forest service pass and I have one of those already.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Bikecrasher said:
I'll decide Friday. A XC race would complete my 3 week race trifecta (road, DH and XC)!
Looks like you will have to do it. :thumb: How many people can do all three? I havent seen many around here. You must have started out racing BMX, that would be the best "bridge" between the three. I read where Tinker Juarez started out racing BMX, now races XC and does almost all his training on the road.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Bikecrasher said:
Great course and perfect weather...boy, did I get spanked!
Some fast riders out there.
It was pretty lightly attended at the beginner level but most of the expert riders were there. It was a nice course and preferable to the Padden course for me. There was mud and roots but there was also a nice hill climb and a really nice downhill section.

Bikecrasher I dont know if you raced expert but thats a pretty good way to get spanked. Next race the Hairdresser Classic. :D