Quantcast

Roll call for MS mtb Ride this Saturday

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Thats definitely a worthy cause. I went to the website and tried to make an e-pledge in my sons name-nothing came up. Then tried your name Bob-still nothing. I am not giving up though. :thumb:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Skookum said:
i was gonna do it, but i don't have enough dough to even enter now....
I am making a donation to MS. Anyway I think my total donation will be enough so you can come over to Leavenworth and kick back at the "brew festival" thats only $12 plus Kona is going to be over there with some nice demos. The festival part opens at 3pm so get there a couple of hours early and check out the demos-no need to race. I want to get a pic of you going off like an 8 foot jump. :) Dont worry about the bike cause it will be a Kona demo. :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borregokid said:
I am making a donation to MS. Anyway I think my total donation will be enough so you can come over to Leavenworth and kick back at the "brew festival" thats only $12 plus Kona is going to be over there with some nice demos. The festival part opens at 3pm so get there a couple of hours early and check out the demos-no need to race. I want to get a pic of you going off like an 8 foot jump. :) Dont worry about the bike cause it will be a Kona demo. :)
8 foot jumps, Kona, and beer are not my bag. :D if i can't afford a measly hundred buck entry fee right now i certainly can't afford any of that other stuff...

But we'll have to get together for sure for a ride soon. i got plans to ride on the east side quite a bit. Maybe you wanna meet up for some Taneum, i'm gonna do the Devils Gulch/Mission Ridge figure 8 this year, but also gonna be headin over by Naches and doin all those goodies over there. Little Bald Mountain is one that's eluded me for a few years, gonna hit that trail, big fat long downhill singletrack, gonna ride up and earn it....
http://www.nwsource.com/outdoors/scr/of_detail.cfm?category=Biking&rt=41413

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I would be interested in doing the ride again, but not that entry fee! When I did it a couple years ago I was shocked at the amount to enter. I know a lot goes into putting on group rides but I'll rather pay a $25 entry fee, and collection donations from friends and family that goes towards MS.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hmmm. Something's obviously awry here. It's 25, as always, to do the ride and they would like you to raise a minimum of 125 in pledges if you can.

And, I know they will take you anyways with just 25 bucks. Happens all the time. My sister's team is doing that. Her kids are both in for the 25 only.

So, no 100 dollar "entry fee"..... :thumb:

This misconception has come up before. Need to let the MS folks know. Possibly why others stay away as well... Things that make you go "hmmmm".

Skooks, get someone to pledge your entry fee. Seen that happen before too.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Hmmm. Something's obviously awry here. It's 25, as always, to do the ride and they would like you to raise a minimum of 125 in pledges if you can.

And, I know they will take you anyways with just 25 bucks. Happens all the time. My sister's team is doing that. Her kids are both in for the 25 only.

This misconception has come up before. Need to let the MS folks know. Possibly why others stay away as well... Things that make you go "hmmmm".

ok i wasn't aware of the how that worked.... i can afford 25 bucks no sweat.

i got an idea of how to make a few bucks for pledges....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:

Yah, my mom and I both thought we HAD to have $125 to enter. I think they need to make what is required more clear. We had friends and family that wanted to do the ride with us, but didn't have the $$$.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I did too and they already responded. It does seem to sound like it's "required" so hopefully, the verbiage will get changed. See you when I get back. I'll be heading out real early to pre-ride and check signage so no one ends up in North Bend...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hehehehe. I'll come by after last minute trailside surprises of our own Friday night.
I hope to be done by 8-9 as 6 a.m. will come early.

Crossing my fingers for good weather....

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Good luck Skooks!
I'm sure there's a lot of folks here that will throw down some dough for you.
Get there early as you can and enjoy the ride.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Welp i'm glad i decided to do the MS ride. The ride was pretty fun, i rode with tons of people, got to jabber with tons of people on the trail. Alot of forest road but some good singletrack spread out here and there. The signs were very easy to read so i was able to skip out the harsh climbs and just eat up all the fun singletrack descent. All in all wound up riding around 25 miles i'd guess.
Pretty cool they have two break booths along the way with water, homemade brownies yum yum, fruit snacks, bananas, cookies, bagels, beef jerky. Yummy yum yum.
After the ride i got a free massage, a pop, and a yummy chicken burrito.
Got to meet some mudhunnie monkeys too. Was great meetin ya Bikegrrl and Girlwhoboards.:)
Raised $126 with short notice for a good cause, got some riding in, plus got a bunch of grub and a free massage. Yah i think i'll be back next year. :cool:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yup. Good times.. I'm on my third beer and about ready to fall asleep...

It will only get better next year. Hehehehehehe.

Btw: the complete "Epic" loop was 36 miles and just shy of 3K in vert.

Hope to see more of you all out there next year.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Btw: the complete "Epic" loop was 36 miles and just shy of 3K in vert.
i bypassed only most of the "suspect" harsh climb options so i'll have to raise my guesstamation to around 30 miles of what i rode. i really liked the easy to read signs, it really made it a breeze to tailor the ride to what i wanted. of course i ate up all the techy singletrack, and any singletrack descent.