Quantcast

Roll Call for Padden Mtn Pedal and Belly Big Air Contest

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Its time to find out whos going up to Bellingham for the Pedal and Big Air Contest. The Big Air Contest is on Saturday. The flier from Indieseries.com doesnt mention the time but the cost is $15 for the Big Air. The XC races are pretty much all day Sunday. Its been a month since the last Indie Races so I am sure a lot of racers will be ready. I am going up July 3-4 and will be pre riding both days. Anyone else pre riding this weekend?

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Yeah I'm doing it. I'm hoping for 4 laps in 1:20 (last year I did 4 in 1:29).

Looks like he's doing the all sport men mass start thing again this year. There were 80 sport men at the last race. The start is going to suck ass.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Matt, If you move up to expert you get to run 6 laps. I dont quite understand how they decided on the laps. Sport men 50+ only run two laps yet expert men 30-39 run 6 laps, You cant tell me that there is that much difference in skill and strength. I think they should have capped it at 5 laps for expert and had all the sport run 3 laps.

Anyone who is thinking of running the course the Padden Pedal the course is kind of deceptive. It starts out pretty fast and easy and slowly gets harder working up the hill. Then its down a nice set of switch backs and stlll nothing hard, then there is a drop between two trees and after dropping pretty far down youre in the mud. Then its another pedal up which ends up with a dismount and a total technical downhill more mud and up a hill and then your done. The course is only four miles but the last third of it is rather interesting. I am figuring two dismounts. Anyone who can knock off a 20-22 minute lap is an expert.

wanker

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
Ferndale
Rain on the Padden course..........it's exactly what is needed to weed out the roadie (non-technical) riders and our unfortunate guests. The mud, blood, and tears should be flowing freely by lap 6.

If you can't take the rain, you won't be able to handle the pain.......we should welcome the rain as our friend, it will be more fun anyways. Besides, the beer always tastes so much sweeter after a day in the mud.