Quantcast

Roll Call for Sugar this weekend

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
so who's going?

i'll be racing sport on the P2 and Wendy will be there holding up the womens sport.

(knock on wood).......forecast is calling for sunny and low 80's :eek: won't that be a first!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
manimal said:
so who's going?

i'll be racing sport on the P2 and Wendy will be there holding up the womens sport.

(knock on wood).......forecast is calling for sunny and low 80's :eek: won't that be a first!
I'll be there.
Forecast or not, the actual mountain itself told me that it is just not easy being this damn greasy. :sneaky:
I have seen a cloud just sit there over Sugar and everywhere around it was sunny.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No for me unfortunately. I don't have any rotator cuff damage, but I really want to let this thing heal before I start DHing again. I can't DH at a leisurely pace. Its all or nothing. I still don't know if I'll be back for the Sept. Windrock race, but we'll see.

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Yossarian said:
Not me. The rest of you are safe from my guarranteed win. :)
HAHAHAHA! Yeah, same for me - you're all safe from my guaranteed win on the female side as well! :p I'll probably be there, but behind the camera only. ;)

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
We're taking a weekend off from racing. We went way overbudget on the trip to Holland. The daughter fractured her wrist so we're trying to keep her off of it.

Good luck Jeff.

I'll be there too...

I'm thinking of taking both bikes and see which is faster for me. The 4" enduro or the Rotec. I'll prolly only take Rosie though. My daggum car is in the shop with recall issues so I may have a shuttle, errr, loaner truck for the weekend. Does anyone staying at the lodge have some extra room? I may need to crash somewhere. I'll pitch in. I was planning to stay with someone else, but it may fall through.

Peete- I think I was attacked by a cougar this past weekend. It was soo sweet......

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
jet said:
I'll be there too...

I'm thinking of taking both bikes and see which is faster for me. The 4" enduro or the Rotec. I'll prolly only take Rosie though. My daggum car is in the shop with recall issues so I may have a shuttle, errr, loaner truck for the weekend. Does anyone staying at the lodge have some extra room? I may need to crash somewhere. I'll pitch in. I was planning to stay with someone else, but it may fall through.

Peete- I think I was attacked by a cougar this past weekend. It was soo sweet......
Bring the Roto-tiller.

Were these the same cougars as last time?
I have pictures...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
if i can ride up to the top on the lift for free im gonna go shoot photos. what i will need is a list of the names and assigned number plates.

I never said brining the enduro was a good idea...

No Peete it wasn't the same cougar. Diff'rnt one. good story though. I'll tell ya all about it someday. Sorry to hear about your duaghter breaking her wrist. How did she do otherwise? I hope she was stomping the euro's.

I also found out that I will be homless for the weekend. Does anyone have some extra room? I'm more than happy to pitch in. probably just for Friday night and a shower before I go home on Sat. i'll even sleep on the floor.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Tom, are you going to the Charlotte/Hobby Park races? If so you can tell me about it over some beer.

I seriously think Katie had World#2 locked up before her crash. She only had 1 hour for practice where everyone else had 2 and some had home track advantage. She crashed in her 3rd moto and had to race the semi and main hurt. By the main she hurt to the point where she couldn't jump anything so she settled for World#6 this year. :nopity:
She should be able to race the last MTB race of the year.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Sounds like you guys had a good time in Holland. Tell your daughter congrats, #6 in the world sounds pretty good to me. Hope to see you @ Hobby.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
jet said:
I never said brining the enduro was a good idea...

No Peete it wasn't the same cougar. Diff'rnt one. good story though. I'll tell ya all about it someday. Sorry to hear about your duaghter breaking her wrist. How did she do otherwise? I hope she was stomping the euro's.

I also found out that I will be homless for the weekend. Does anyone have some extra room? I'm more than happy to pitch in. probably just for Friday night and a shower before I go home on Sat. i'll even sleep on the floor.
you comin through asheville at all? i've got room at my apartment and will be heading up to the race on sat. most likely

I'll be at Charlotte for sure. Don't know about hobby park. We'll see....

Settled for #6 in the world huh? I wish I could say something like that. Awesome. May have to talk to the pirates and see about getting the first female member for the R3SP3CT cult.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Naw, she doesn't ride a mtb on her own free will. So she doesn't rate.
She gets plenty of respect at the track. I've seen girls withdraw from races because Katie showed up. That's respect.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
jet said:
May have to talk to the pirates and see about getting the first female member for the R3SP3CT cult.
jet....just having you in the respect cult automatically turns off any chick from wanting to join....besides...i thought YOU were the honorary female respect cult member. (insert "jokingly serious" smiley here)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
JeffD said:
Calm down, Tubbs, you've got some junk in the trunk to damp the chatter. :blah:

i rode in practice today....decided to race HT class. 2 runs through lizards lane and my hands were about to fall off. i forgot how harsh a wet rock garden can be with only 5" in front. the HT course was a blast though...wide/fast sweepers. too bad there are 3 climbs involved :angry:

see 'yall in the morning! i think this will be the first dry sugar race in a long time. :thumb:

manimal said:
jet....just having you in the respect cult automatically turns off any chick from wanting to join....besides...i thought YOU were the honorary female respect cult member. (insert "jokingly serious" smiley here)
Manimal- If I didn't like you so much I'd give you a great tounge lashing. Besides, I'm way too 'Butch' to be a chick.

I really F'd my head up on my second run. It's 12pm on Sat night and I have a headache and trails. I seriously knocked the taste out of my mouth. I really needed this race too. Finished next to last. Can't really blame anyone but myself, I even showed up late (9:15) and Sandy let me register. I love that guy, he's the best.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Yeah it was fun, once I rode the course afterwards I was kind of disappointed though. I think most of the trails I regularly shuttle are much more fun. I got some nice pics on digital, I'll probably post them once I get my film back. Unfortunately I got there late and missed the experts.