Quantcast

rollers for rehab

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Have you used the stablizer?

I have rollers and wondered if I'm risking knee injury (ACL reconstruction next week) by using rollers even with the stabilizer?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
kinda defeats the purpose of rollers, but less chance of an accident. rollers teach you good pedalling motions but i don't know if you want to learn while injured.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
sanjuro said:
kinda defeats the purpose of rollers, but less chance of an accident. rollers teach you good pedalling motions but i don't know if you want to learn while injured.
yes, but I already own the rollers, so I'm wondering if adding the stabilizer is safe enough for rehab purposes?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
GravityFreakTJ said:
have you asked your doc about it?
Nope. I will, but he's not a cyclist and I'm not sure that he'd be able to offer an opinion. Seems to me that only people who've used stabilizer can offer insight? I'll ask the PT people too.

My apt complex has a spin cycle in the exercise room, but it's a fixie (no freewheel) and that scares me too much. Or should I be spinning much slower anyway?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
a roller with a stablizer is like just like a trainer without any resistance.

as for rehab purposes it should no different than an exercise bike.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
splat said:
the sound of a fixed gear with a knee problem would scare teh bejubs out of me .
frankly, fixie with healthy knees would scare me, but that's probably cuz I don't have healthy knees.

Fixie riders are nutters! ;)

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
LordOpie said:
Nope. I will, but he's not a cyclist and I'm not sure that he'd be able to offer an opinion. Seems to me that only people who've used stabilizer can offer insight? I'll ask the PT people too.

My apt complex has a spin cycle in the exercise room, but it's a fixie (no freewheel) and that scares me too much. Or should I be spinning much slower anyway?

Had mine done by a team surgeon at a local university.Sports doc's get it if ya know what i mean:cool: