Quantcast

:rolleyes: Good Friday Morning :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's FRIDAY! WOO HOO! Not only that, but it is a VACATION Friday, meaning MBC and I start our vacation tonight. 9 straight days of a whole lot of nothing...just yardwork, riding, and eating.

:dancing:

have a good one, monkeys.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice! And good Morning!

Do you think I could bring my frame over tonight to remove a bottom bracket? I think MBC has the tool for splined bbs that we need to use.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MtnBikerChk said:
did we ever figure out which way to turn it? LOL!

I'll be home tonite.
I'll make sure to visit the Park Tools site today so we get it right this time.

I think we just started with the wrong side or somethin - who knows. But it was kind of comical wasn't it?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
So my freakin parts came at 7:49 a.m today and I have another 9 hours until I can go home and oogle over them. Aargh! Last night I had a good time, went out trap shooting with the boss and managed to shoot 13, 18, 22, 20. I am getting better. Tomorrow it is DHing at Jiminy Peak, should be a good time.

Have fun on your vacation guys, I wish I had a vacation in the near future. Wait, I do. :D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Downstairs AC is still out BUT the heat finally did break in a series of spectacular thunderstorms last night. Tried to sneak a ride in beforehand as it is supposed to rain on and off for the next 3 or 4 days. Got 3 laps in and the weather was quickly getting worse (wind, thunder, a little rain), so I decided that one more couldn't hurt. Got about a quarter of the way thru, big gust of wind, heard a crack and out of the sky comes a tree limb. Locked it up and it landed about 3 feet in front of me. If I hadn't seen it coming it would have brained me. At that point I turned and hightailed it to the parking lot.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
MMcG said:
I'll make sure to visit the Park Tools site today so we get it right this time.

I think we just started with the wrong side or somethin - who knows. But it was kind of comical wasn't it?
Yea, watch out for that. Not too long ago, and unknown to my at the time very puzzled father I had issues getting a bottom bracket out. Confident I knew which way to turn it I ended up slipping a 3 foot pipe over the end of a flex t handle wrench in order to gain more torque. Man did I tighten that thing down big time. We couldn't undo it by hand no matter how much we tried, and finally my dad had to take a pneumatic air wrench to it. Yea, like the ones you use for lugnuts on a car. Haha, to this day he still does not know how it got that tight, and I do not intend to tell him for a few years.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning all.. hope everyone has an awesome weekend. I had a nice recovery ride last night and then went to the beach for my daily swim.. it was a little chiily actually but still great. Im not sure if diablo is a go for me this weekend, I may have to work sat and sunday I need to go to a party.. oh well.

On a sad note, I found out a fellow rider died on a local bike path I ride on. he was speeding along and swerved to avoid a little kid. his tire pushed out and he went down hitting his head on a guardrail, no helmet.. he bled to death. very sad .. RIP!!! wear your helmets!!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yesterday was 23 miles of road, followed by food & a few beers at Ralphs.....all w/a new mudhunny friend :D

after work my bud & I are driving down to Hunter Mtn to do a preride of Sundays race course

Course: Approx. five mile loop, on Hunter Mountain, with some serious climbing (not as tough as in the past), and close to 700 ft. of elevation gain per lap. Some new singletrack at the top, combined with well worn freeride trails, should make for some great racing action. This course will be different from any we’ve raced on in the past at Hunter Mountain.

http://www.mastersofthemountains.com/maps/hunter1.gif

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
yesterday was 23 miles of road, followed by food & a few beers at Ralphs.....all w/a new mudhunny friend :D
Geez, I didn't even mention last night's ride. Me, MBC, Mark and Laura had a nice little 20 mile road ride. Nice night for a ride. :)

Good luck with your race, Doug!

Good morning,

MBC, if you look carefully at the threads on a new BB, it'll tell you what way to turn if ever you don't remember.

My arm's complaining a little about my weekend excesses, but it'll get over it.

Rode 37 road miles yesterday, 15 on Joker and balance on the Fort. I'm hoping to try Middlebury gap this weekend.

J

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Morning all. I've been looking forward to tomorrow's dirt-ride all week. Now it's going to rain. :(

Hey Doug -> [stosh]Pictures?[/stosh] :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Went and saw Little Feat last night. Didn't know much of their stuff but it was a free show. Gonna do some road miles tonight :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning everyone. Robdamanii and I had a nice ride last night. 2.5 hours through Vassar Farms. We veered off of our usual paths and found some amazing bmx stuff. We were able to do some of the bridges and stuff, but it's just amazing what people have built back there. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

I leave the magazine at 2 and then it's upstate for a nice relaxing weekend and will probably zip to Cooperstown to see the Hall of Fame inductions on Sun.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Had my parents over for dinner last night. Never a pleasant expierence. After that the wife and I watched Hostage w/ Bruce Willis. It was kind of violent for my liking, I must be getting old. Anywho... going riding tonight!!! Yippee!!! Going out with some other guys my speed so I should be able to keep up. One of them I DH with as well, so I know he'll be willing to hike some sections with me to get to the fun lines!! :devil: Working all weekend, but spending the night at my bro-in-law's on Sat. night, so copious alcohol comsumption and mahem are sure to ensue!! :thumb:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning. got rip roaring drunk last night. Guess I shouldn't have gone out on an empty stomach. Going riding tonight. Riding with MMcG tomorrow. IAB, you wanna ride with us at the WHR? Oh yeah, going to NYC on sat night because a friend of mine got us on the guest list at some hoppin club.

Hey mark are you removing the bb from my new frame?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning. got rip roaring drunk last night. Guess I shouldn't have gone out on an empty stomach. Going riding tonight. Riding with MMcG tomorrow. IAB, you wanna ride with us at the WHR? Oh yeah, going to NYC on sat night because a friend of mine got us on the guest list at some hoppin club.

Sweep - the frame is stripped down and tonight I'm going to remove the Shimano bottom bracket from it.

I'll have all your goodies for you on Saturday! :dancing:

Crazy Sweeper said:

I'm not sure we are going to be able to make it..... still checking....

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Well, I had a date with my sist....err umm...ya... Anyway, the local 4-H county fair is in town and last night was derby night! Mullets to be had by all! It was 3 action packed hours old pos cars beating the crap out each other. Oh, ya there was a few fires to.

(makes mental note... need PS digtial camera for such events)

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Andy_B said:
Well, I had a date with my sist....err umm...ya... Anyway, the local 4-H county fair is in town and last night was derby night! Mullets to be had by all! It was 3 action packed hours old pos cars beating the crap out each other. Oh, ya there was a few fires to.

(makes mental note... need PS digtial camera for such events)
Any greased pig chasing? Or telephone pole climbing? Or, my personal fav, cow chip tossing? Oh yeah cow chip bingo too?

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA

im off to maine for a week of white water rafting, fishing, biking and geocaching on tuesday. today is going to DRAAAAG on for me. thats fo sho. the following days shall include
Saturday - party and practice for an epic kickball showdown
Sunday - said kickball showdown between my team Hoof Hearted and the arch rivals C.hicks L.ike I.t T.ickled. The Hooved ones are 4-1 and Team Tickled is 5-0. They dont know the ass whooping we are going to thrown down upon them
Monday - Shopping for Maine week
Tuesday - Jeep gets packed for 6 hr ride from Melrose MA to Millinocket ME and off we go
Thursday - twice through the ClassV Rip Gorge on a rubber raft
Wed, Fri, Sat - general merriment

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
bluebug32 said:
Morning everyone. Robdamanii and I had a nice ride last night. 2.5 hours through Vassar Farms. We veered off of our usual paths and found some amazing bmx stuff. We were able to do some of the bridges and stuff, but it's just amazing what people have built back there. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

I leave the magazine at 2 and then it's upstate for a nice relaxing weekend and will probably zip to Cooperstown to see the Hall of Fame inductions on Sun.
Sweet! Where are you going to be upstate? I don't have much planned over the weekend and would love to get out and ride if you're interested!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Busy day here. We're cleaning the vinyl siding and stripping the deck so it's fun with water and chemicals. Then we're off to rake/leaf blow and otherwise clean up the trail system out back and doing some other yard work for our Deck Party...it's a never ending battle around here between me and mother nature :p Riding with my normal crew tonight at 4:30pm. That is all...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I got all my stuff and a break from classes and school work. I’m finding someplace to go riding! I can’t wait.

My health is considerably better. Since I last rode seriously (meaning any considerable length of time) I:

1. Quit smoking
  2. Sleep with a C-PAP machine (I suffer from sleep apnea)
  3. I had my deviated septum corrected.
  4. For the past 4 months been working out at the gym 3 days a week
  5. I do cardio 3 days a week (heart rate at 145 for 20 minutes)
  6. Better fitting armor (Decided quaility is worth more than inexpensive)

I just hope I can get some sleep tonight! 20 months is WAY to long!

I WILL find a place to ride!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Afternoon monkeys.

Parents are driving me nuts already, and I've got more than another full week with them. ARGH. My father seems to have lost his dive computer, which presents a problem for a week of diving ahead. ARGH!

I want to bite somebodys face.