Quantcast

Rollin 20's

Vinny A

Chimp
May 25, 2007
Philly
Well now that my 26 build is slowly starting (very slowly), and my Bday coming up I figured I needed a better 20. So heres the plan:
Frame: Fit Hawk, 21 TT Flat Blue
Fork: Odyssey Race fork, white
Bars: Odyssey Civillian bars, white
Cranks: Demolition Medial LT, white
Wheelset: Fit Flow wheelset
Chainwheel: Animal Lite Sprocket, 30t
Stem: Odyssey Elementary
Brakes: What the hell are those?
Seat: Kink Slim Seat
Pedals: Odyssey Trailmix
Pegs: Odyssey Plegs for park, and for street Super Star Micro Pegs
Grips: Fly Rubens
Front Tire: Odyssey Aitken Front
Rear: KHE Premium Folding Street Tire
Headset: Kink Integrated Headset

So let me know what you think. I should be getting the frame, wheels, cranks, and chainwheel in July ish if not sooner.

Have any suggestions? I'm trying to make this look clean as possible. I'm going to be using it for Street, Park, and DJs.

Vinny A

Chimp
May 25, 2007
Philly
I run trails now riding brakeless, its not that big of a deal. I might slap one on there from time to time depending where I ride.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Looks good. If you get a Hawk, get the newest gen because the old ones dented/cracked really easily. Also, the Knight Ti bolt for Pivotals saves under an ounce, maybe not a great investment. I'd put money into the wheels over a ti bolt.

Also, are you used to a super-steep 20"? Because the Hawks are pretty much the quickest handling bikes out there. If you're more used to 26s, a more "standard" geo 26 might serve you well.

That build looks like you know what you're doing though.

Vinny A

Chimp
May 25, 2007
Philly
Yeah, I heard about the old gen Hawks. I'm getting it from my boys at Albes so no worrier there! :D

I just want the Knight post there for the bling factor, its probably something I will buy from all the change I dump out of my pocket from a month or so.

I'm pretty used to a steep HA. I used to ride a Grim Reaper till it got run over and almost nothing was salvageable on it, and that was only .5 degrees off of the Hawk. And Ive never even ridden a "real" 26 DJ bike, Ive been ripping on a BMX all of my life. ;)

Oh and your Fly was pretty much the reason why I am going with the blue frame. Its definitely a much darker shade but your build made me realize how damn nice blue frames can look.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hahaha right on dude.

I wasn't sure if you were a total 26 guy, because jumping to a Hawk would be a big transition from most 26s. Sounds like you'll love it though, I'd so rock one.

Thanks man, I frikken love my bike. I could only really see replacing it with the Tierra when it comes out, or a Hawk/Grim to save some weight.

Vinny A

Chimp
May 25, 2007
Philly
Damn dude, thats really clean looking which is exactly what I want.

Those long cranks kill the bike though :(

And the Grim is a great frame, I love mine and it was tough as nails. My only complaint was that it broke when it got trucked by a Land Rover :p

Vinny A

Chimp
May 25, 2007
Philly
Yeah I know the Trailmixs and the Plegs arent out yet. But those are going to go on my bike as soon as they come out, and Jim B says they should be out kinda soon so its all good :D