Time - Pink Floyd
Devil's Plaything - Danzig
Phantom of the Opera - Iron Maiden
Dixieland Delight - Alabama
Last of the Mohicans Theme - No Clue
Hybrid Moments - Misfits
Molly - Sponge
Teenage Wasteland - The Who

These are probably my 10 favorite songs. Not sure if they're close to the best though.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
binary visions said:
"Pink Floyd's songs are only album-oriented and can't stand on their own? Gimme a break. I know everyone is entilted [SIC] to their own opinion, but PF songs can't stand on their own?"

Just my opinion, no need to get snooty about it.
2 of those 3 songs arent even by Pink Floyd, really.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlyShirley said:
2 of those 3 songs arent even by Pink Floyd, really.
*sigh*

Did you not get the point of the post? The point wasn't those specific songs. It was that Pink Floyd songs can stand on their own. I started to make a list then quit when I realized it was going to be sixty-eight songs long without furthering the intent of my post.

:nuts:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Not being snooty about it, but you picked Dog's of War over...

One of These Days
Careful with That Axe
Shine On
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Sheep

Heck Dogs of War was even voted the worst PF song by fans in a recent biography. (However I think Gnome and several others of Piper are much worse. :rolleyes: )

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
binary visions said:
*sigh*

Did you not get the point of the post? The point wasn't those specific songs. It was that Pink Floyd songs can stand on their own. I started to make a list then quit when I realized it was going to be sixty-eight songs long without furthering the intent of my post.

:nuts:
I think that you just picked the wrong band to make such a statement about is all. Sure, the songs have track numbers, so YES, you can play them by themself, but thats not exactly the point that Profro was getting at.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
profro said:
Not being snooty about it, but you picked Dog's of War over...
No, I didn't. I included it on a list. The list was not of my favorite three Pink Floyd songs, or the best Pink Floyd songs of all times, or even a list of simply great Pink Floyd songs.

Read the rest of my post and you'll understand the point of it even if you don't read the three random songs I threw on there.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
BurlyShirley said:
but thats not exactly the point that Profro was getting at.
Which is why I don't get bent out of shape when Rolling Stone does this. The're list is after a Single that influenced people or was popular. Pink Floyd quit releasing singles after their second album and didn't do it again until "Another Brick" off The Wall in 1979. That's eleven years and 7 albums of music, which included their best work (IMHO).

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
lunatic by pink floyd

i cant beleive there was no stevie ray vaughn in the top twenty or motley crue

or NSYNC for dh girlie

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
jdcamb said:
Your funny..... The song is actually called Baba O'Rielly.....jdcamb
Well when I downloaded it for free off Kazaa and did my part to screw The Who out of Millions, it was titled "teenage wasteland" so I really could care less. :nopity:

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
what radio are you listening to that plays mogwai and belle and sebastien? thats awesome...

top ten for my lunch hour as selected by my random ipod setting:
"tracy" mogwai (kid loco remix)
"carry the zero" built to spill
"kissing the lipless" the shins
"styrofoam plates" death cab for cutie
"billie" pavement
"modern romance" yeah yeah yeahs
"cause=time" broken social scene
"slow" interpol
"twilight" elliot smith
"just like heaven" the cure.

dynomite ipod. pure dy-no-mite.

last ten songs for the other kids on my floor: phish, phish, phish, phish, phish, phish, phish, phish....

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Arguing over someone else's top<whatever> songs list is almost as dumb as coming up with a top<whatever> list in the first place..........

But not quite. :dancing:

-S.S.-

Yes I agree...I'm just bummed no one got my Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch/Good Vibrations joke...y'all take this stuff WAY too serious...Rolling Stnoe...the Grammy's...all a bunch of old coots that are stuck in their ways...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
WhiteRavenKS said:
what radio are you listening to that plays mogwai and belle and sebastien? thats awesome...
my rio karma. although i do get two good radio stations (MIT and Boston College) in the morning, but usually i just hit random on my mp3 player.

i did hear a mogwai song on 2FM in ireland once, and an arab strap song too. and my bloody valentine. after 9PM or so they opened the playlist up considerably.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i started thinking how crazy it is that college radio plays so much better stuff than the radio stations in my area. considering how horrible (and i dont mean just different, i mean horrible) most kids' taste in music is around here i would think our college radio wouldnt be as good as it is.

i saw some car commercial with a mogwai song in it the other day. i think it was the song that etnies used for the intro of forward.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Hawkeye said:
Hurricane is by far a better song than Like a rolling stone

Here comes the story of the Hurricane.
The man the authorities came to blame.
For something he never done.

Is that the way it goes. I love that song very cool. That is my favorite Dylan song.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
WhiteRavenKS said:
i started thinking how crazy it is that college radio plays so much better stuff than the radio stations in my area. considering how horrible (and i dont mean just different, i mean horrible) most kids' taste in music is around here i would think our college radio wouldnt be as good as it is.

i saw some car commercial with a mogwai song in it the other day. i think it was the song that etnies used for the intro of forward.
I am in college and our school station sucks. Almost all college stations I have heard suck. Consider yourself lucky.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Freeze Up - Operation Ivy
Just you, Just me - John pizzarelli trio
the theme fiasco - Mxpx
Wilderness - Jaya the cat
Reality is waiting for a bus - Subhumans
cocaine- Eric clapton
MTV get off the air - Dead Kennedys
Nevermind me - The might mighty bosstones
Kill us all - Twista
Young Al Capone - Rancid

No order really, Just some of my favorites

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Gotta like seeing The Clash on the list.

But IMO the greatest Rock-n-Roll song ever:

"I Want You To Want Me"
Cheap Trick

Just like Gene Simmons says, all rock and roll is about sex and the pursuit or absence of sex. "I want you..." is pure, unadulterated, unmuddied. It comes right out and says what it is about. No mixed metaphor, no inuendo.

I want you to want me
I need you to need me
Id love you to love me
Im beggin you to beg me.

It's like the invention of the wheel.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
dh girlie said:
I still thought my Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch/Good Vibrations reference was hysterical...

It would be funny except, the Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch's Good Vibrations is the best song ever recoreded and people are just being nice to you by not slandering your name all over the internet.