Quantcast

Romic Integrated Stem

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
No, the Romic Crown works with the Romic stem. Yes, they will both work on a 2005 boxxer.

I have a romic top crown and stem that I would let go for $75. Used once.

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
ChrisKring said:
No, the Romic Crown works with the Romic stem. Yes, they will both work on a 2005 boxxer.

I have a romic top crown and stem that I would let go for $75. Used once.

Are you sure?
I though 05 boxxers were running a different offset to previous years to get more steering lock?
Might wanna check that out.

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
CBJ said:
Well if there was a difference how would then happen to the lowers if you ran a 04 crown. Did you look for the Vitox thread?

oh Gawd,
I thought that the boxxer crowns for 05 had more offset, so you could get more steering lock, do you get what that means?

If im correct, you can run 04 forks(stanchions and lowers) on BOTH 05 crowns fine but not on an 04 lower and 05 upper and vice versa.
This would give better steering lock.

of course I could be wrong,
but for some reason the figure 27% more steering lock keeps ringing in my head.

Banga said:
oh Gawd,
I thought that the boxxer crowns for 05 had more offset, so you could get more steering lock, do you get what that means?

If im correct, you can run 04 forks(stanchions and lowers) on BOTH 05 crowns fine but not on an 04 lower and 05 upper and vice versa.
This would give better steering lock.
I do not believe this is true, I was under the impression that the crowns were redesigned to give a better turning radius, but the offset was still the same. Check out Vitox's thread.

vitox said:
nonono

i mustave not made myself understood yesterday (again).

the new and the old boxxers are totally compatible when it comes to external parts

but hey, a picture says more than a thousand words, right?

for the untrained :dancing: , thats an 03/04 crown and an 05 crown living happily together on the same fork.

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
Jestere said:
I do not believe this is true, I was under the impression that the crowns were redesigned to give a better turning radius, but the offset was still the same. Check out Vitox's thread.
I did but I couldnt find anythin in particular,
looks like I was worng, as you were people.