Quantcast

Ron Paul - 1 Week, 1 Million Dollars

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
i found one of your tactics to reach your financial goals: oops!
most candidates seem to attract a diverse group of people with common goals/ideals.

paulanesians are apeschyte ex-wife crazy.
It is a pretty big stretch that his campaign is responsible for a shocking $60 in attempted credit card fraud... especially when they were the ones that reportedly discovered it. Did you actually read the article, or are you just grasping at any way you can to discredit him and his campaign?

The ad-hominems are flattering. Campaign contributions are up to 1.6 million already today (obviously much of it from fraud :rolleyes: :busted:).
How much did YOUR candidate collect?

No pom poms for me, just the promise of a Constitutional government. :banana::banana::banana:? Yeah, I know.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The ad-hominems are flattering. Campaign contributions are up to 1.6 million already today (obviously much of it from fraud :rolleyes: :busted:).
How much did YOUR candidate collect?

No pom poms for me, just the promise of a Constitutional government. :banana::banana::banana:? Yeah, I know.
That's fantastic, he is wasting 1.6 million more of some other people's money. You know he stands absolutely no chance of being elected right? May as well just flush those dollars down the drain.

Latest Gallup poll...

Gallup Poll
10/6/2007
Margin of Error = 4.5% [?]

Rudy Giuliani 32%
Fred Thompson 20%
John McCain 16%
Mitt Romney 9%
Mike Huckabee 7%
Ron Paul 2%

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
It is a pretty big stretch that his campaign is responsible for a shocking $60 in attempted credit card fraud... especially when they were the ones that reportedly discovered it..
granted, it's a stretch; point is, don't mistake him for the next saint, or that his campaign shall be entirely above board. have a healthy dose of cynicism for any politician, especially a career one.

what do you think of his dismissal of iran as a legitimate western threat (by proxy), in spite of history counter to that? (source: cnn vid, money quote: “I wouldn’t do that much about it” around 1:30)

i don't trust the guy, however wildly popular he may appear to be (by internet "polls")

RenegadeRick

That's fantastic, he is wasting 1.6 million more of some other people's money. You know he stands absolutely no chance of being elected right? May as well just flush those dollars down the drain.

Latest Gallup poll...

Gallup Poll
10/6/2007
Margin of Error = 4.5% [?]

Rudy Giuliani 32%
Fred Thompson 20%
John McCain 16%
Mitt Romney 9%
Mike Huckabee 7%
Ron Paul 2%
We have already covered the issues with polling methodologies. Your flawed numbers don't scare me.

A Google News Search of this huge fundraising event reveals a scant 4 articles. None of them from the major media. I wonder why. Maybe if they don't report it it just won't happen. Perhaps someone should let them know that Ron Paul might spend some of the 1.7 million raised so far on major media advertising.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
We have already covered the issues with polling methodologies. Your flawed numbers don't scare me.

A Google News Search of this huge fundraising event reveals a scant 4 articles. None of them from the major media. I wonder why. Maybe if they don't report it it just won't happen. Perhaps someone should let them know that Ron Paul might spend some of the 1.7 million raised so far on major media advertising.
Um, polling methodologies work just fine, your candidate doesn't.

RenegadeRick

what do you think of his dismissal of iran as a legitimate western threat (by proxy), in spite of history counter to that? (source: cnn vid, money quote: “I wouldn’t do that much about it” around 1:30)
I agree with Ron. They are a third rate power and at this point they are no threat to the US. Can you provide some evidence to the contrary?

have a healthy dose of cynicism for any politician, especially a career one.
i don't trust the guy, however wildly popular he may appear to be (by internet "polls")
Can you post some facts about this? Some reasons to mistrust him?
I am naturally skeptical of any politician, be he just doesn't set of my warning bells. I would be very interested in hearing more about this.

Especially before I invest more in his campaign. $1.75 million and counting.

RenegadeRick

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
:twitch: me if you must, but he provides a valid method for being able to do this. Get the US to mind its own funking business and get our military out of foreign nations. It sounds pretty simple to me.
The US gov't will never allow the abolishment of the IRS. End of story. It is their main source of income. Those interstates, military, space program, FAA, DEA, CIA, FBI etc need to get their budget's from somewhere. Or should he just eradicate all of the above as well? Back to the wildwest!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Have we found someone more nuts than Knuckleslammer?

Why is it that every time I hear the words "Ron Paul" I think of Kool-Aide, orgies focused on a wrinkly old man, and opiates?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I agree with Ron. They are a third rate power and at this point they are no threat to the US. Can you provide some evidence to the contrary?
i could. would you accept it as such?
let's start w/ moqtada al-sadr, who gets his marching orders from iran. he controls/influences the shiite militias. you know, the same guys who use iranian shape charges in their IEDs. silly me, i see this as a threat against the u.s. do you not consider our troops as citizens w/ full rights to the same?

but, threats go beyond just killing a bunch of soldiers stuck in iraq. there's also regional stability they threaten, which despite all the closed-eyed-heel-clicking ron paul may do, is still very real.

need i go on about hezbollah? your google works as well as mine. i'm sure it even goes back as far to remind us about 1983 marine barracks bombing in beirut. there's a history. should we minimize it, or even go so far as to ignore it?
Some reasons to mistrust him?
2 first names
wesley clark lookalike
conspiracy theorist
does not have a hot wife
he's a free mason

i mean seriously, those are 5 damn good reasons to throw him under a bus.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
i could. would you accept it as such?
let's start w/ moqtada al-sadr, who gets his marching orders from iran. he controls/influences the shiite militias. you know, the same guys who use iranian shape charges in their IEDs. silly me, i see this as a threat against the u.s. do you not consider our troops as citizens w/ full rights to the same?

but, threats go beyond just killing a bunch of soldiers stuck in iraq. there's also regional stability they threaten, which despite all the closed-eyed-heel-clicking ron paul may do, is still very real.

need i go on about hezbollah? your google works as well as mine. i'm sure it even goes back as far to remind us about 1983 marine barracks bombing in beirut. there's a history. should we minimize it, or even go so far as to ignore it?
Well to be fair, all of those issues would be resolved by getting us forces out of places they shouldn't be in the first place.

RenegadeRick

The US gov't will never allow the abolishment of the IRS. End of story. It is their main source of income. Those interstates, military, space program, FAA, DEA, CIA, FBI etc need to get their budget's from somewhere. Or should he just eradicate all of the above as well? Back to the wildwest!
try this article on for size.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/105/cough-up/

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ya, that's fantastic. Let's illustrate his main reasoning shall we?

But could America exist without an income tax? The idea seems radical, yet in truth America did just fine without a federal income tax for the first 126 years of her history. Prior to 1913, the government operated with revenues raised through tariffs, excise taxes, and property taxes, without ever touching a worker's paycheck
In 1913 you had no real infrastructure to maintain, no governmental agencies to subsidize and a much less expensive military to fund. This article, as well as most of his reasoning, is complete and utter nonsense.

RenegadeRick

he's a free mason
Got a link for this? My google seems to be broken.

conspiracy theorist
I don't link so. Last I heard, Ron believes Muslim terrorists flew airplanes into the Pentagon and the WTC.

He sure does have two first names though.

Over $1.9 million in in fraudulent spambotnet contributions so far today. :rolleyes:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Got a link for this? My google seems to be broken.
he's running for president & hates jews.
1+1=???

oh, and a slight correction is in order. he doesn't look so much like wesley clark as he does marshall applewhite:

I don't link so. Last I heard, Ron believes Muslim terrorists flew airplanes into the Pentagon and the WTC.
so why do you think efforts to link him to 9/11 conspiracy theorists (loose changers) have been so successful?

an honest question. they seem to find hope in him, despite his refusal to accuse our gov't of either an inside job or coverup?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ya, that's fantastic. Let's illustrate his main reasoning shall we?

In 1913 you had no real infrastructure to maintain, no governmental agencies to subsidize and a much less expensive military to fund. This article, as well as most of his reasoning, is complete and utter nonsense.
Stop it. You're crushing RengadRicks hopes and dreams.

RenegadeRick

he's running for president & hates jews.
1+1=???
Oh come on now. You simply must provide a link for this or just stop making stuff up. Believing we should not provide unconditional support for Israel isn't even close to jew-hating.

so why do you think efforts to link him to 9/11 conspiracy theorists (loose changers) have been so successful?

an honest question. they seem to find hope in him, despite his refusal to accuse our gov't of either an inside job or coverup?
Interesting question. I suppose I am one of those 9-11 CT'ers and I find hope in Ron Paul. I am disappointed that Ron doesn't think that there is more to it than he does, but he believes the important things about the outcome from 9-11. He believes that the current administration exploited the attacks on 9-11 and lied about the threat of WMD in order to lead us into a war in Iraq. The fact that Ron Paul wants this war to end is the primary reason why I support his candidacy. I suppose that is the reason why many people support him.

$2.25 million and counting.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Oh come on now. You simply must provide a link for this or just stop making stuff up. Believing we should not provide unconditional support for Israel isn't even close to jew-hating.
same thing, goy-toy
He believes that the current administration exploited the attacks on 9-11 and lied about the threat of WMD in order to lead us into a war in Iraq.
and how will the outing of curveball change his - and your - opinion of "bush lied us into war"?
The fact that Ron Paul wants this war to end is the primary reason why I support his candidacy. I suppose that is the reason why many people support him.
difference is this: ron paul wants to unconditionally pull out, which would embolden the M.E. power brokers, who aren't so friendly toward things like human rights & free expression of religion. i have a problem with that.

RenegadeRick

same thing, goy-toy
not even.

and how will the outing of curveball change his - and your - opinion of "bush lied us into war"?
Do you read the articles that you post? The Germans told us the information was unreliable and yet we built a war upon it. Pretty foolish if you ask me.

difference is this: ron paul wants to unconditionally pull out, which would embolden the M.E. power brokers, who aren't so friendly toward things like human rights & free expression of religion. i have a problem with that.
It sucks to be them, but it isn't really our problem and I have a problem that you think that this is our problem. I have a problem that you would wish for our children to pay the bill for it.

I suppose that we will never agree on these points. That is OK. I love you anyhow.

As of now there have been over $2.5 million in campaign contributions today to a Jew-Hating, Unconditional Surrender Monkey, Freemason, Cult Leader with TWO FIRST NAMES and only 2% in the polls. Keep up the good work America. May god have mercy on our poor deluded souls. :twitch:

RenegadeRick

Some semblance of stability in the Middle East isn't our problem? :think:
I think it is an honorable pursuit, but our war in Iraq has created anything but stability in the region. If anything, the Middle East is less stable than it was when we illegally invaded Iraq. The Iraqi people are not better off and an awful lot of them are dead. This is our fault and we paid for it to happen.

Perhaps "staying the course" isn't the right answer. Maybe we should try something different.

Someone (the internet credits both Benjamin Franklin and Albert Einstein) once said that "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again -- and expecting different results."

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It sucks to be them, but it isn't really our problem and I have a problem that you think that this is our problem. I have a problem that you would wish for our children to pay the bill for it.
The problem is that it IS our problem. I would love to drop everything and leave, but that's not an option. We need to back out slowly, but we also need to be out of there in less than a year.

We should never have gone in the first place, but the fact is we did and now things are sucking. But we can't pack up and walk out tomorrow, but we should at least give notice and start packing.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Please reread what I responded to. It is not our problem that the ME power brokers don't support freedom of religion. The internal affairs of a sovereign state should not be the business of America (or Canadians for that matter).
Perhaps you should re-read what you wrote?

Originally Posted by $tinkle

It sucks to be them, but it isn't really our problem and I have a problem that you think that this is our problem.

It IS your problem that if the US pulls out, a power vaccuum the likes of which the region has never seen will take place opening the door to massive civil & human rights violations.

The vaccuum will only occur due to actions of the USA. It is indeed your problem.