Quantcast

Ron Paul - 1 Week, 1 Million Dollars

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
The problem is that it IS our problem. I would love to drop everything and leave, but that's not an option. We need to back out slowly, but we also need to be out of there in less than a year.

We should never have gone in the first place, but the fact is we did and now things are sucking. But we can't pack up and walk out tomorrow, but we should at least give notice and start packing.
Hillary is ready to leave by 2013.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Please reread what I responded to. It is not our problem that the ME power brokers don't support freedom of religion. The internal affairs of a sovereign state should not be the business of America (or Canadians for that matter).
Again, I think everyone is in agreement that we shouldn't have done what we did. But the fact remains we did and now we have a mess to clean up.

My guess is in about a year the Iraqi fake government will be disbanded and all hell will break lose. I think it behooves us to be gone by then, but we won't be due to GWB still being seated in the big house.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Do you read the articles that you post? The Germans told us the information was unreliable and yet we built a war upon it. Pretty foolish if you ask me.
iraq survey group went in after the war started to make the assessment of the intel received. time machine had not yet been invented.
It sucks to be them, but it isn't really our problem and I have a problem that you think that this is our problem.
so much for "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

RenegadeRick

iraq survey group went in after the war started to make the assessment of the intel received. time machine had not yet been invented.
Nope. Germany and France both told us there was no basis for war. They said that there was no evidence of WMD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq
No time machine required.

You must have skipped over the preceding paragraph...
...unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this Nation has always been committed...
hmmmm... what has been going on in America today? Torture anyone?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Unfortunately, you have to stick around for the decade or 2 it is going to take to fix it. You broke it, you bought it. Literally.
That won't fix it either. No amount of money or time will "fix" the area because there was a level of broken there before with f@cked it up worse. We need to cut our losses and leave soon. Too many lives have been wasted on both sides and the longer we are there the worse it will get.

Do you think we have a chance in hell of "fixing" anything over there? I would be interested in your plan if you have one for sure. Whatever we do now will only make things worse.

Think bull in a China shop. Getting the bull out in one piece is the only real option.

RenegadeRick

and generates a respectable amount of mainstream news coverage in the process.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=ron+paul+4+million

Yesterday's fund raising was a great success:
Ron Paul, long shot no more
Throw the polls out the window, Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul, made fund raising history today, raising more money online than any candidate in the history of presidential fund raising.

Ron Paul has raised 3.5 million from over 22,000 donors with just under 4 hours left in the day. Paul has also passed Mitt Romney’s one day haul of 3.1 million dollars in a single day fund raising effort, making it the largest one day fund raising effort among all Republicans this campaign.

The grass roots one day fund raising effort may have helped put Paul in the driver’s seat in the GOP presidential nomination contest. There is a chance that Paul may end up with the most cash in hand at the end of the quarter.

Paul’s campaign consistently draws large crowds and is raising more money than most of the other candidates. Paul clearly is gaining momentum and is now only considered a long shot to win the nomination by media outlets that believe their own polls.

Having by passed media censorship via the internet, Ron Paul’s message appears to be resonating across America.

Why? The article sums it up rather well.

Paul voted against the Iraq war and advocates a non interventionist foreign policy. He promises to withdraw troops from Iraq immediately and wants to prevent a war with Iran and a new Cold War with Russia.

Paul also wants to eliminate federal income taxes and reform the monetary system by authorizing competing currencies backed by gold and silver. Paul also voted against the Patriot Act and promises to restore the Bill of Rights.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
He promises to withdraw troops from Iraq immediately... [and] wants to eliminate federal income taxes
Awesome. Simply incredible. People funneling millions and millions of dollars into a candidate making insane and irrational promises who won't even come close to getting elected.

It's just amazing to me that people don't do a reality check against promises before supporting a candidate.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Nope. Germany and France both told us there was no basis for war. They said that there was no evidence of WMD.
we can monday-morn 1/4-back this all day (in fact we are), but we have to acknowledge that curveball was a german asset that the BND was feeding our intelligence services his (now known to be fabricated) claims. don't hate the playa...
You must have skipped over the preceding paragraph...

hmmmm... what has been going on in America today? Torture anyone?
baby & bathwater
would you have ron paul use "sins of the father" as an excuse to not take moral high ground? i would expect not.

bottom line: don't trust the krauts

RenegadeRick

Awesome. Simply incredible. People funneling millions and millions of dollars into a candidate making insane and irrational promises who won't even come close to getting elected.
Say what you will, but here is the thing...

Yesterday's fund raising came from the American people. Not from special interests. Not from corporate donors. Not from political action committees. That money came from the people.

If I recall correctly, only one of those groups is entitled to vote.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

It's just amazing to me that people don't do a reality check against promises before supporting a candidate.
Kinda like the Lottery. "You can't win if you don't play..." :rofl:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yesterday's fund raising came from the American people. Not from special interests. Not from corporate donors. Not from political action committees. That money came from the people.

If I recall correctly, only one of those groups is entitled to vote.
Sure. People who are perfectly willing to flush money directly into the toilet on a candidate who is impossible to elect. Just because the people who are spending money on him are entitled to vote doesn't mean it's an intelligent use of money or of a vote.

Nor does it make his claims less retarded...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Please, oh great and wise Voice of Reason. Please tell me why he is impossible to elect.

It's Hillary, isn't it? :plthumbsdown:
Do we need to go over this again? You seemed to ignore some very valid points such as: ABOLISHING THE IRS IS IMPOSSIBLE. It will never happen. End of story.

Please do not post anymore nonsense about how the us did fine prior to 1913 without it. In 1913 there was no infrastructure to support.

You sound like that crazy guy with the UFO religious cult and the supposed clone babies.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Please, oh great and wise Voice of Reason. Please tell me why he is impossible to elect.
Tell me, did you used to ride the short bus in the morning, and require supervision when using paste?

Oh, I don't know, maybe impossible and boarderline insane campaign promises, and a staggering 2% of the vote?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last time I checked, you have to get a MAJORITY of the votes in a state to win the state. If you win enough states, you are elected.

Sounds to me like he has about 2% of the vote. Not sure how many people will be running next year, but my guess is 2% will be a bit shy.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Let's recap, shall we:

RR: Ron Paul will do great things for this nation...such as...
Everyone: No.
RR: Yes.
E: No.
E: No
RR: Yes. Take away the IRS and have alternative currencies based on silver and gold. Just like before 1913 when the IRS wasn't invented. It'll be glllloooorius.
E: Once you take away the governments income, infrastructure will collapse...how is Paul going to remedy this.
RR: Ron Paul will do great things for this nation. Such as...
E: TWO FIRST NAMES!!!!!111oneoneone!!1!

RenegadeRick

The current battle is for the Republican nomination to be won at the Primary elections. Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate among the party. Period.

70% of Americans want the war to end and want us to withdraw from Iraq. Certainly some of these people must be Republicans.

I have never voted in a Primary Election before, but I will this time. Dr. Paul has a motivated group of supporters and they recognize the importance of the Primaries and they will vote. How many will be new Primary voters like me? I bet a lot of them.

It is the mainstream old school landline telephone polls of the unemployed and retired mass media consuming public that shows 2% support. The online modern polls typically show Ron Paul dominating the results. Sure the mass media claims that this comes from the spambots, but the spambots don't have any money. These are real people that put $4 million on the table yesterday.

Ron Paul has won (and placed respectably) in numerous Straw Polls. I believe he can win in the Primary elections.

You kids stick to your 2% and your "it's impossible" naysaying. I'll be over here enjoying this fine new bottle of paste. :twitch:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The current battle is for the Republican nomination to be won at the Primary elections. Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate among the party. Period.
He is also a stark raving lunatic, so good luck with that.

If you want to base your success on campaign donations...

Clintont: $90,935,788
Obama: $80,256,427
Romney: $62,829,069
Guiliani: $47,253,521

Paul: $8,268,453

Ron Paul is 5th in the Republican rankings, forget overall. 100% of that is by individuals, not a single business will back this guy. Seriously, keep dreaming bucko. I think the paste killed off to many braincells.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I can't even begin to tell you all the things wrong with believing a random internet poll like that to be representative of reality.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I suggest that if Ron Paul wins, Bv and I will never post again in the Politics area. If anyone else wins, Rick is banished from Rm for life.

Any takers?

Edit: for typing and crap.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I just voted 3 times. Shows you how well that poll will work, huh?
yeah, but you had to delete your cookie, and you know how that will stop duplicates. that's what cookies do: they defend democracy. also, the fine print from that site is money:
Not a scientific poll. For entertainment only.

whew! for a second there i thought....

oh, & this:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I suggest that if Ron Paul wins, Bv and I will never post again in the Politics area. If anyone else wins, Rick is banished from Rm for life.

Any takers?
No way, dude. If Paul gets elected we're going to live in a glorious peaceful utopia and with so much joy that we'll all start spontaneously pissing rainbows and sh*tting fairies.

Then all the hostility and childishness will be gone out of the DH forum. Don't you want to be around to see that?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
No way, dude. If Paul gets elected we're going to live in a glorious peaceful utopia and with so much joy that we'll all start spontaneously pissing rainbows and sh*tting fairies.

Then all the hostility and childishness will be gone out of the DH forum. Don't you want to be around to see that?
Wait, will the IRS be abolished and we will have all the troops home from overseas?

If not, I'm gonna cry and eat rick's paste.

Also, I just thought of something. Is this Ron Paul's alter-ego? We need to google Bomb RON PAUL and this image.