Quantcast

Ron Paul is a big fat quitter.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23512959/

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is hinting to supporters that he is ending his long-shot campaign for the presidency.

Paul said that although victory in the conventional political sense is not available in the presidential race, many victories have been achieved due to the hard work and enthusiasm of his supporters.
I just love moral victories.

Loser.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Is there an estimate on how much money he pissed away on this exercise in futility?

....Money that, if he was truly trying to "mke a difference", could have been donated to some worthy charity?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Maybe Renegade Rick will stop by to explain how his campaign was sabotaged by the media.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Evidently being huge on the internet didn't translate well.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
Maybe Renegade Rick will stop by to explain how his campaign was sabotaged by the media.
Yeah, I been busy, you know that is what happened (or at least part of it).

If Paul had been willing to go independent, he would still be able to be wasting American money. Why he said, "well, I am a republican" even when his party ridiculed him and thwarted his efforts is beyond me. So now "100 more years in Iraq" and "bomb, bomb, Iran" McCain is the republican nominee, and with Dubya's endorsement, we can expect more of the same carppy economy and brown people devastating policies we have enjoyed for the last 7ish years.

Then on the other side (since there are in fact, only two sides, since that is all the media will let us know about), the Hillary and Hussein Obama battle rages. Their party has 2 states worth of disenfranchised voters, and once again, courts in Florida may decide who the winner is. Hillary is as corrupt and power hungry as can be, and Obama isn't really much different as much as he says he is a change from politics as usual.

And so, once again, America™ is Funked.

Lately, I have been reading sites that suggest that participation in the political process is a waste of time for many reasons, but mainly because it does nothing more than allow the people to decide which bunch of criminals will get to pick their pockets and take away their freedoms. Well, that and the fact that it is all fixed anyhow.

:disgust1:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Lately, I have been reading sites that suggest that participation in the political process is a waste of time for many reasons, but mainly because it does nothing more than allow the people to decide which bunch of criminals will get to pick their pockets and take away their freedoms. Well, that and the fact that it is all fixed anyhow.

:disgust1:
:rofl:
Some serious sour grapes there. And by the way, I understand you are disappointed, but it isnt as if he was a realistic candidate in the first place.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:rofl:
Some serious sour grapes there. And by the way, I understand you are disappointed, but it isnt as if he was a realistic candidate in the first place.
so can one safely assume paultards have more money that sense?

I mean they dump ten's of millions into his coffers (just the tip of the mountain of money they were willing to throw at ronpaul).. with no realistic hope of it ever paying off...

how can we tap that coin for our own gain..?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
His followers talk of him with such reverence as if he sh*t communion wafers and pissed holy water, as if he was as pure as the driven snow.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
so can one safely assume paultards have more money that sense?

I mean they dump ten's of millions into his coffers (just the tip of the mountain of money they were willing to throw at ronpaul).. with no realistic hope of it ever paying off...
Maybe people are pretty tired of 2 parties who aren't any different and never make any changes. It's the same people holding 2 puppets, and Ron Paul was a realistic chance of breaking that mold a tiny bit, just like Nader has in a few elections (lame as he is).

Quite frankly it's an awful system and if its Hillary v. McCain I'm not sure if I'll even vote.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Maybe people are pretty tired of 2 parties who aren't any different and never make any changes. It's the same people holding 2 puppets, and Ron Paul was a realistic chance of breaking that mold a tiny bit, just like Nader has in a few elections (lame as he is).

Quite frankly it's an awful system and if its Hillary v. McCain I'm not sure if I'll even vote.
Not all that realistic, was he?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You should vote third party... even if you don't really like the candidate, just to continue voicing the dislike of the restrictive two-party system.

RenegadeRick

Some serious sour grapes there.
Not exactly. I have believed that that the republicans and democrats are simply two different sides of the same worthless wooden nickel for a long time now. I had hopes that things could be different with a truly different candidate, regardless of party affiliation, and was naive enough to believe that he might have enough support from the people to overcome the status quo.

And by the way, I understand you are disappointed, but it isnt as if he was a realistic candidate in the first place.
I am disappointed that people listen to what the media tells them about who is and is not a realistic candidate, and worse yet, that they believe them.

I am disappointed that people believe that they can only vote for a republican or a democrat.

I am disappointed by party loyalists. I've seen 'em on both sides. Republicans, like my buddy Andy I told you about, who spent lots of time telling me about how much he disliked McCain during the primary, and has already told me he will vote for him, now that he is the nominee. And then there are the numerous Democrats who say that they will vote for whoever the nominee is, even if they have to vote for a black muslim or a shrill bug-eyed lesbian.

The people have lost America™ to the corporations. Our rights have been willingly sacrificed to money, power and corruption. Whether the people did it for perceived safety, or just due to stupidity, we are doomed either way. May god have mercy on our souls, for we know that the politicians will offer none.

Rick's title should be ".Pit Steelers."
I am not a football fan. Just another worthless bit in the bread and circuses offered by the mainstream.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I am not a football fan. Just another worthless bit in the bread and circuses offered by the mainstream.
Unlike awful sci-fi movies featuring Natalie Portman and Guy Fawkes masks in retarded adolescent rebellion fantasies...

RenegadeRick

Lately, I have been reading sites that suggest that participation in the political process is a waste of time for many reasons, but mainly because it does nothing more than allow the people to decide which bunch of criminals will get to pick their pockets and take away their freedoms.
I have been really busy and have been sort of apolitical as of late, but I thought I would take a minute to stop by and give you all a link I enjoyed reading today. It provides a decent insight into why one cannot use the political process to repair the political process.

http://mises.com/blogs/brainpolice/archive/2008/04/05/an-apolitical-approach-to-libertarianism.aspx

Enjoy.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I have been really busy and have been sort of apolitical as of late, but I thought I would take a minute to stop by and give you all a link I enjoyed reading today. It provides a decent insight into why one cannot use the political process to repair the political process.

http://mises.com/blogs/brainpolice/archive/2008/04/05/an-apolitical-approach-to-libertarianism.aspx

Enjoy.

"Why American democracy sucks: It doesn't allow me to impose my own ideas on everyone else. What I'll do about it: Complain but refuse to participate."

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I saw a ron paul sign on a road ride Sunday. I stopped and pee'd on it.
I did an estimate at a house with a Ron Paul sign in the window. Despite my 15% 'dumbass' mark-up I still got hired. If I actually have to converse with the owner I fear I woefully underpriced the job.

RenegadeRick

"Why American democracy sucks: It doesn't allow me to impose my own ideas on everyone else. What I'll do about it: Complain but refuse to participate."
I believe you misinterpreted the article. I think what it said is, "I am forced to accept the ideas of the elite, and have no meaningful way to object, regardless of whether or not I choose to participate."