Quantcast

Ron Paul: Traitor to his country

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jesus dude, I'm not picking on alabama (this time) I just picked somewhere that wasn't west coast and isn't known as an industry hub like silicon valley or the tech triangle in NC to discuss nationwide standards.

Broad impacts seem to be a difficult concept here.......

Just out of curiosity, what do you think happens to public state universities when budgets and curricula are determined by local politicians and no longer held to nationwide standards? God knows no nutjob ever got elected in alabama with fvcked up ideas on education. (See NOW I'm picking on alabama). Right now the universities are little more immune to that crap than grade schools. At a certain point, it's not going to up to the teachers any more how good of a school they can help create. The DOE keeps impartial education away from the idiocies of the ballet box for the most part. There's a reason for that.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
No. Why was the Fed created?
So you really don't know, but think it would be a great idea to get rid of it.........having no idea why it was created in the first place? I'll give you a hint. If you figure out why it was created, you'll understand a little better what it actually does today. And why that serves a very useful purpose.

I love that we have people screaming to kill the fed, with no idea why it was created in the first place and what it subsequently has held off since.
"repeal of the 20th century"

There really is no more apt term to describe this shlt.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
So you really don't know, but think it would be a great idea to get rid of it.........having no idea why it was created in the first place? I'll give you a hint. If you figure out why it was created, you'll understand a little better what it actually does today. And why that serves a very useful purpose.
Tell me why it was created.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tell me why it was created.
To control otherwise wildly fluctuating interest rates and provide market stability as well as curb runaway inflation, it's modern incarnation mostly in response to the great depression.

Probably safe to assume you don't know HOW it does that either right?

edit: christ, why am I even doing this.

READ something besides the transcript from "the obama deception"
http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12594.htm

And if you don't believe those lyin government lips, here's the more 'populist' take

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_System

"Why do we need a cat? We haven't had a mouse problem since we got the damn thing" :rofl:

Last edited:

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
I lied.
I understand why the Federal Reserve was created. It's doing a ****tastic job.

It's incredible what it will take for a paradigm shift to occur in this forum.

Last edited:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Jesus dude, I'm not picking on alabama (this time) I just picked somewhere that wasn't west coast and isn't known as an industry hub like silicon valley or the tech triangle in NC to discuss nationwide standards.
I realize that, but the location that you 'just picked' is actually one of the top industry hubs in the country, has been referred to as Silicon Valley South, has the highest number of PhD's per capita in the country, has the most engineers per capita in the country, has the 4th largest research park in the world, and has sent people to the moon.

You may not be picking on Alabama, but you also know nothing of present day Alabama.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
Market volatility will exist with or without the Fed. Sound money will never exist with the current system. I guess I'm anti-American for saying that the Constitution serves a purpose.What the hell did the founding fathers know anyway? They only lived at a time when the very fundamentals of economies were being decided.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Im not going to rag on Al.

But...

It doesn't have the highest per capitia PhD. Not even close. Huntsville AL does. thats it. In-fact only 11+% of your population went beyond a bachelors degree. Overall stats places AL as 38th of top 200 cities. Not bad, but not as great as you'd make it seem. Same goes for engineers, that only applies to one city. Huntsville.

LEts be honest here, the fact that huntsville does is simply because of it's ties with Nasa. I've been to AL. Nice place, wouldn't want to live there though.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I realize that, but the location that you 'just picked' is actually one of the top industry hubs in the country, has been referred to as Silicon Valley South, has the highest number of PhD's per capita in the country, has the most engineers per capita in the country, has the 4th largest research park in the world, and has sent people to the moon.

You may not be picking on Alabama, but you also know nothing of present day Alabama.
Neither do you apparently :rofl:

I don't confuse 'florida' with 'cape canaveral' for a reason ya know.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Im not going to rag on Al.

But...

It doesn't have the highest per capitia PhD. Not even close. Huntsville AL does. thats it. In-fact only 11+% of your population went beyond a bachelors degree. Overall stats places AL as 38th of top 200 cities. Not bad, but not as great as you'd make it seem. Same goes for engineers, that only applies to one city. Huntsville.

LEts be honest here, the fact that huntsville does is simply because of it's ties with Nasa. I've been to AL. Nice place, wouldn't want to live there though.
I'm from Huntsville. We've already established that rural is rural.

San Franciscans wouldn't be too pleased if everyone stereotyped them based on some southern California hicktown.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm from Huntsville. We've already established that rural is rural.

San Franciscans wouldn't be too pleased if everyone stereotyped them based on some southern California hicktown.
Doing so would be a disservice to so many of the truly ****ed up self righteous weirdos that do live in SF. They deserve their own ridicule and to rob them of that would just be wrong.

Picture grade school in Mobile without national standards. REALLY take the time to envision that scene. I passed through there all the time on my way to new orleans to drink at 18 so we're back in my territory and I can make fun of it. :D

Last edited:

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
Oh god. The hardest part of trying to commit self-crucifixion over the Constitution is getting that last nail in...
.....while sustaining an election campaign based on this very document without flip flopping while winning over democrats, republicans and independents. That whole crucifixion Ron Paul is apparently going for is doing mighty well for him. So much that simply ignoring him won't work to get rid of him. Could it be that there are actually like-minded individuals from every political spectrum who support this man? Or is it that Ron Paul is simply privileged to lead an incredible awakening of all political leanings?

Would you agree Ron Paul holds principles that are dangerous to the establishment? Yup, whoever the **** endorses the Constitution is bat**** crazy. It seems likes it harder for you to standby and witness your sanctified holiest of holies internet echo chamber be invaded than to not lay the intellect smackdown. Kudos to you sir.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
oh jesus. That reads like its straight out of a libertarian manual. Most people supporting him have no idea of the impact of his ideas and when he dumps all the agencies and everything goes to **** you'll all be wondering where it went wrong and I can tell you this. It went wrong with you. I'd rather have Mit than Paul and I ****ing hate Mit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
.....while sustaining an election campaign based on this very document with out flip flopping while winning over democrats, republicans and independents. That whole crucifixion Ron Paul is apparently going for is doing mighty well for him. Could it be that there are actually like-minded individuals from every political spectrum who support this man? Or is it that Ron Paul is simply privileged to lead an incredible awakening of all political leanings?

Would you agree Ron Paul holds principles that are dangerous to the establishment? Yup, whoever the **** endorses the Constitution is bat**** crazy. It seems likes it harder for you to standby and witness your sanctified holiest of holies internet echo chamber be invaded than to not lay the intellect smackdown. Kudos to you sir.
Or the obvious reason: Lots of genuinely ignorant people who don't have any grasp whatsoever on the implications of most of his proposals.

Don't forget that one.

I know which one is seeming more and more like the scenario that explains your support. You can of course change that to some degree by answering the question of how you think market volatility will be affected in the absence of the Fed. Heads up though, you have to know specifically what they do and not just why they were created to answer that question.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
You'd be surprised at how many people first associate Huntsville with that terrible place in Texas that executes everyone accused of a misdemeanor. It's a no win situation.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
I grew up in the worst place in the south. Atl. That place was a ****ing ****hole of stupid assholes of every skin color and hatred and even I know how much Texas sucks more than alt or mobile or birmingham.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
Or the obvious reason: Lots of genuinely ignorant people who don't have any grasp whatsoever on the implications of most of his proposals.

Don't forget that one.

I know which one is seeming more and more like the scenario that explains your support. You can of course change that to some degree by answering the question of how you think market volatility will be affected in the absence of the Fed. Heads up though, you have to know specifically what they do and not just why they were created to answer that question.
Market volatility will exist with or without the Fed. Sound money will never exist with the current system. I guess I'm anti-American for saying that the Constitution serves a purpose.What the hell did the founding fathers know anyway? They only lived at a time when the very fundamentals of economies were being decided.
I replied.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
Not sure what you're getting at here. Ron Paul's beef with the FDA is that they are corrupt.Slashing the FDA's budget by 40% wouldn't necessarily hamper their ability to provide info about drug safety. If you need a government agency to tell you drugs are safe or not thats fine. But why wouldn't there be a drug safety agency in a free market?

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Not sure what you're getting at here. Slashing the FDA's budget by 40% wouldn't necessarily hamper their ability to provide info about drug safety. If you need a government agency to tell you drugs are safe or not thats fine. But why wouldn't there be a drug safety agency in a free market?
Why exactly would there be a drug safety agency in a free market? I just pointed out an instance where drug companies certainly didn't "police themselves", as Paul seems to think would happen...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I grew up in the worst place in the south. Atl. That place was a ****ing ****hole of stupid assholes of every skin color and hatred and even I know how much Texas sucks more than alt or mobile or birmingham.
Aw come on, atlanta is like the one shining beacon of culture in the south. Gots music, gots restaurants, gots museums. It's still a shlt hole yeah, but it's WAY better than any other southern metro area. There's a reason every gay person for 500 miles runs like hell from their hometowns there.

Yeah I'd never move back either though :D