Quantcast

ROOM NEEDED in PDX for rider...

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Hey all,
I am a 25 yo environmental professional that will be moving to PDX very shortly. I am looking for a room in a house of (somewhat) like minded individuals that enjoy some of the same activities as I do. I ride XC, DH, and BMX, and I would like to end up in a place with folks that do the same. I also climb and snowboard, and would love to end up in a place with some holds in the garage. Aside from outdoor activities, I like to get out and see music when possible, drink a few pints, and be social on the weekends. I am looking for a clean place with non-drug users (though I don't partake anymore, a little MJ is okay as long as it isn't a constant in the house).

I am willing to pay up to ~$500/mo, and I would like to be close-in to downtown. I come with 5 bikes, so some secure storage is a must. A backyard with garden space and a front porch would also be ideal. I have a car, so parking (street or spots) would need to be available. I would like to live with social people, but not in a party house. I try to restrict late nights to the weekend, and would like my roommates to do the same. I would prefer to live with other younger professionals or grad students.

About me: I just finished grad school at OSU, and I will likely be working as a GIS analyst and ecologist in downtown. I am on the left end of the political spectrum and am open minded. I like to cook (I eat meat) and would like to live in a house where folks cook together a few nights each week. I have a girlfriend in Eugene, so it would have to be okay if she stayed over some weekends. My background is in ecology and geography, and my personal and professional interests overlap with my time outside. I like dogs and cats, but don't have either and am not planning on getting any in the near future.

Sorry for posting here, but Craig's List hasn't been that helpful for finding a place with the right kind of people.

Please contact me by email, as I don't check my PMs that often. Get me at:
sam.littlefield@gmail.com

Thanks!

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Consider the above description that of an ideal place... I am willing to concede some of the above to get a place soon. Bueller... Bueller... anyone... anyone??

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Congrats on the grad school! If I had a room available I'd offer, but I'm in a 1-bedroom with my fiancee at the moment in vancouver......

Wanna know something funny? Right after I sold you my ebco I really started to miss bmx, so about a month ago I built up a new fly pantera (had to sell my monster and my norco). BMX is fun.