Quantcast

Rooming in Whistler

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
So right now i'm pretty pissed.
I had plans to go up to Whistler this weekend, but everywhere I call says that I have to be 21 to stay in a room with my friend.

What hotels allow 18 year old's to stay without a problem?!

Please reply ASAP!!!

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
**** that ****. it's going to be raining and cold up there. I want a good place to shower after riding and a nice bed. I don't care if its the cheapest hotel ever. I just want a place to stay.

Plus its too cold and damp to camp.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
**** that ****. it's going to be raining and cold up there. I want a good place to shower after riding and a nice bed. I don't care if its the cheapest hotel ever. I just want a place to stay.

Plus its too cold and damp to camp.
WIMP!!! To cold and damp to camp....LOL. When was your age I once camped in a class 50 Hurricane. After words it snowed, straight sideways.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
is there a hostel in Whistler? They would allow 18 year olds. also you may be able to call the mountain and rent employee housing for a weekend (I think I heard that you can do that) Probably a cheap way to go and run by the mountain so safe to give your folks that warm fuzzy feeling

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
is there a hostel in Whistler? They would allow 18 year olds. also you may be able to call the mountain and rent employee housing for a weekend (I think I heard that you can do that) Probably a cheap way to go and run by the mountain so safe to give your folks that warm fuzzy feeling
I actually checked out youth hostels, but the only one is a drive away from the mountain and from the reviews, camping looks like a better option...

I'm going to pass on this weekend just because of the weather. It looks like its going to DUMP rain sunday.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
you should still call the mountain and as about employee housing for future visits. I bet they do have it available and would be just what you are looking for.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I actually checked out youth hostels, but the only one is a drive away from the mountain and from the reviews, camping looks like a better option...

I'm going to pass on this weekend just because of the weather. It looks like its going to DUMP rain sunday.
Text Forecast from Environment Canada
Whistler: Issued 6.44 AM PDT Thursday 21 June 2007

Today
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers this morning. High 16. UV index 5 or moderate.
Tonight
Cloudy periods. Low 6.
Friday
A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of showers in the morning. High 16.
Saturday
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low plus 4. High 15.
Sunday
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low plus 5. High 15.

I wouldn't say DUMP but it will be wet and would certainly suck for camping. Staff housing allows 18 year olds to stay there. May be worth a shot. Aside from that, you either have to lie about your age or find someone nice enough to let you crash on their floor.

I'd offer our floor but we already have 6 in a 4 person room :D

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
now we all know there must be a monkey on here who is loaded and has a sweet place slopeside that sleeps 10 with a hot tub and a 50 inch flat screen...SO SPEAK UP SO WE CAN ALL CRASH AT YOUR PLACE :cheers: :happydance:

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Theres not enough floor in a 4 person room? You should have 20 in a 4 person room!!!
not when you are putting 6 bikes and people in a tiny room! :D

otherwise, I would agree with you! Besides, we are heading out in a few hours so that's a bit short notice for most.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
not when you are putting 6 bikes and people in a tiny room! :D

otherwise, I would agree with you! Besides, we are heading out in a few hours so that's a bit short notice for most.
6 people, thats only 2 bikes. 1 person on the handlebars, 1 on the seat, and 1 holding on for dear life.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Check the Shoe String Inn. From what I've heard its like a hostel. There is also a hostel on the other side of one of the lakes, I'm pretty sure its Alta, but I might be wrong. Camping in the rain isn't that bad, especially if you can just get a shower somewhere.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
so wait....if im goin in october, and im 20 and the person i am bringing is 18, we cant stay in a hotel in whistler? am i hearing this right?
no, If one of you is of legal age to rent a hotel then you can. Its just like if I went with my parents I can get a hotel and stay there, but by myself...i cant since Im 16. Its just a liability thing with kids staying in a hotel without parental supervision, which when you stay at a hotel and are of legal age, you agree to being responsible for everyone your with basically.

:happydance:
*long night, and time to reply :-)*