Quantcast

Rooms at Snowshoe

Broke1

Chimp
Sep 21, 2004
The rooms at Snowshoe during the national are getting gone fast. Spruce is already booked up , and there was just a few rooms in rimfire lodge. So if your planning on going you may want to book early if want a cheaper room.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
I just wanted to give anyone attending Snowshoe to be really careful if getting cut while in the mud. I wrecked hard last year and punctured my hip and got a nasty cut from my bars across the chest. I had them cleaned on site, at the lodge, twice on the way home and religiously over a period of several weeks.

I ended up getting a pretty serious lung infection that took two rounds of antibiotics and almost six months to clear up. I talked to several other racers, mostly 24 hour XC that were cut/ scraped at the shoe and ended up with serious infection. After what happened with other riders that were injured there, I probably won't be racing DH there this year.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
ztlh13 said:
I just wanted to give anyone attending Snowshoe to be really careful if getting cut while in the mud. I wrecked hard last year and punctured my hip and got a nasty cut from my bars across the chest. I had them cleaned on site, at the lodge, twice on the way home and religiously over a period of several weeks.

I ended up getting a pretty serious lung infection that took two rounds of antibiotics and almost six months to clear up. I talked to several other racers, mostly 24 hour XC that were cut/ scraped at the shoe and ended up with serious infection. After what happened with other riders that were injured there, I probably won't be racing DH there this year.

Eeeeewhuuuuu.....

That sucks.

All I got was the basketball knee. Remember that? That thing was so huge I could barely get my bibs on over it. :p

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Terry has a valid point. Most everyone in our region knows what happened with poor Jack Doub. He died of a staf infection from a deep wound at Snowshoe. God rest his soul!

I had a cut there that healed but took a VERY long time. But my immune system is being studied by the government for use in military applications so I'm the exception.

B

bigkonarider

Dam ,thanks for that tip guys ! That's some nasty slop there.
I think i'll go to Whistler for sure now .Maybe the cold weather up in Whistler makes it a little less, "infective" ?