Quantcast

Root 66 races

splat

Nam I am
a Couple of new races have shown up on the root 66 schedule.

a Holiday Farm Endurance race in August Hmmm I wonder how much endurance is going to be needed.

and an XC race at Pats Peak , the same day as the 24 Hr race is ending. something seams very strange about that last part.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
a Couple of new races have shown up on the root 66 schedule.

a Holiday Farm Endurance race in August Hmmm I wonder how much endurance is going to be needed.

and an XC race at Pats Peak , the same day as the 24 Hr race is ending. something seams very strange about that last part.
Cool! I'll have to check you the Holiday Farm race in August.

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
hey splat. i've warned the family that they are currently living with a bike racer now...just got to get into some races!

NJ Jess

Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
mtbnj.com
attended the Root 66 Fat Tire race at Winding Trails yesterday. It was well organized and a well marked course. Very fast though. A lot of road and cross racers in there too. There were 20 sport women racers and over 20 in the expert/pro categories. WoW! Looks more people are coming back to mountainbiking. I hope to see this many people at the Campmor.com H2H race at Waywayanda SP in NJ! But its more techy of a course,....probably not too many adventurous roadies.

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
attended the Root 66 Fat Tire race at Winding Trails yesterday. It was well organized and a well marked course. Very fast though. A lot of road and cross racers in there too. There were 20 sport women racers and over 20 in the expert/pro categories. WoW! Looks more people are coming back to mountainbiking. I hope to see this many people at the Campmor.com H2H race at Waywayanda SP in NJ! But its more techy of a course,....probably not too many adventurous roadies.

Yeah, crazy fast. Sport laps were taking 21min (I think it was a 4.5mi lap). I was up at the front and it hurt real bad. I agree about the well marked part except for the finish, which I rode right by in my oxygen deprived half-blindness.

I totally dug the windy rhythm sections in the woods and the downhill right before the finish though