Quantcast

Rosemount GSM

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
had a couple of bottles of this @ dinner tonight w/ my wife and her parents...damn was this delicious...

here's a blurb of which i highly agree w/ (note - this was from 2002, so prices have risen accordingly):
Rosemount, Grenache / Syrah / Mourvèdre "GSM" 1999, McLaren Vale, $22.99 - Rosemount's GSM was first released from the 1994 vintage, and has become an instant benchmark for its style in Australia. Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre have been grown in McLaren Vale throughout its winemaking history. Together, these varieties also represent a traditional combination prevalent in the South of France, particularly the Southern Rhône Valley, where similar climatic conditions exist. Rosemount's 1999 GSM has a vibrant crimson appearance and displays intense berry fruit aromas with a deep underlying smoky spice. On the palate, the wine displays a fine depth of spicy fruit flavor, rich in cinnamon and liquorice notes with a background of dusty, soft ripe tannins. There is a rich core of dark fruit, and a long finish indicative of a high quality wine with the capacity to age for up to ten years.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yum.
I love Rhône blends & the Aussies do them well.

We have tried their cheaper bottlings, Rosemount Diamond Label & all have been great (& cheap!). Have you ever tried the Diamond Label G-S-M? We had a bottle a couple of weeks ago & it was outstanding & only $9.