Quantcast

Roslyn Slickrock

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
or Teanaway Lite if you prefer.

Just a few miles from I-90 and less than a few hours away from Seattle is a very unique and special riding area with vast potential. Every year Borneo Bob holds a campout at the Teanaway Forest Campground and leads people around the smaller ridges, drainages, and down in the Teanaway Valley. Locals would know the area as being sandwiched inbetween the slowly dying Ratpac Freeride trail and North to Northeast to the border of Forest Service Land near Corral Creek and West and Middle Fork Teanaway.

There are many trails that Borneo carries on about from time to time, and i was happy to finally hit him up on some of his knowledge. As always a strong turnout of riders of all abilities showed for his shindig and with the West side of the Cascades getting drenched by rain, no better place to be than the Teanaway.

A mixed bag of singletrack and forest road climbing. A peek at Mt. Stuart in the background.

A little loose and washy, amazingly dry for this time of year. But nobody complained since we've all been fed a steady diet of muddy wet trails in the prior months.

He stuck a turkey feather in his cap and called it macaroni.

Borneo

The spring wildflowers and rocky outcrops certainly make this Spring ride a special one.

Plenty of time to session, plenty of time for breaks, chatting and enjoying the view. The weather was starting the warm up a bit, the clouds started to break.
The group split as a bunch of us headed to "The Slab". It was a fun time with the group ditching me, me finding the group and them reporting on the radio that they found me.... they found me...., seeing, riding on or near some amazing sandstone, riding primitive trail, quality fast descending trail, short challenging grinder climbs, grassy open valley trail, and making our own trail over clearcut slash and bushes navigating our way over true cross country where you pick the line that's least likely to destroy your derailluer or have you endo onto your head.

Exclamation Point Rock

Another angle with perspective.

"!"

Finally up on "The Slab" as we scurried ourselves and bike up on the huge rock and lounged and played for a time.

The Slab was very skookum.

There were plenty of smaller sections of rock to session, as we returned back to the camp. It was definately good times, with a great group of riders.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
That place sucks... ;)

Thanks for posting day 2 of three Skooks. We had another great one today. Yes, a little too dry for this early in the year. But, the flora was out in full force and the "build your own burrito bar" that evening did not dissappoint. We earned it.

Yeah, the exclamation rock is just that. Worth the side trip.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
ah skookes, I wish that we had similar schedules. Any chance of a weekday ride in the near future????

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ah skookes, I wish that we had similar schedules. Any chance of a weekday ride in the near future????
4th of July way way out in the sticks. Well over 20 club members are campin out, but you can come if you feel like getting out in the real Eastern Washington again. It's up on Sherman Pass inbetween the towns of Republic and Kettle Falls.
http://www.bbtc.org/recreation/calendar.php?event_id=5155

i'm leading 3 more rides that whole week there...

Other than that i'd be down for an evening ride at Tiger or Dash Point. But unfortunately it's been busy at work, even rainy days lately.