Quantcast

Rotec Cycles website up

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Linky link

Some good info, but the only pics are still of the prototype frame. Wonder if they have any poduction models at Interbike.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Inclag said:
I think that actually is a new prototype FR frame. The new production DH frame is a Lawwill design and is going to look more like these CAD renderings
(pics deleted-rhino)
Looks like the 2 models share the same lower swingarm
Yep, the linkage driven monopivot bike is the FR bike, (says it on the TT near the seat clamp) and Sully showed me some CAD print outs of the linkage for the FR over Labor Day weekend. So yeah that single pivot is the FR bike.

The main swing arm might share the same frame pivot member bu the chainstay/rear axle mounts are different.....one being a single pivot and the other being the Lawill design.

Does Orven have any other Rotec shots from Interbike?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
RhinofromWA said:
Yep, the linkage driven monopivot bike is the FR bike, (says it on the TT near the seat clamp) and Sully showed me some CAD print outs of the linkage for the FR over Labor Day weekend. So yeah that single pivot is the FR bike.

Does Orven have any other Rotec shots from Interbike?
You wouldn't happen to know if Sully had the production version ready to go at Interbike? That's the one I really want to see.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Inclag said:
You wouldn't happen to know if Sully had the production version ready to go at Interbike? That's the one I really want to see.
I caught him sitting down for dinner......said high and saw the linkage drawing then left.

If he did I didn't get a chance to see it there....maybe it was still at the welders, painters/powder coaters/annodizing, etc.

So I basically have nothing juicy to give you :( sorry.

Forecaster

Chimp
Dec 20, 2004
Seattle
The first production RL9 was completed last weekend at DHZ. It is powder coated black on front triangle while anodized black on rear linkage. Everything bolted together beautifully!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah the rear wheel is elevated, as for the short TT, that is all the better for me!! but i doubt i would get that frame since i want something i can actually pedal uphills..looks sweet though

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I have a friend whom I met During the Mountain States Cup Series this summer who rides for Rotec.
That's him on the website (Mike). He is the hardest on bikes of anyone I have ever met.
He Broke a Frame at Angel Fire Chile Challenge of a friend whose bike he borrowed.
Mike ended up having to give his Yeti DH9 to the guy for a replacement.
Which if I remember correctly, was being fixed after being broken.
He Broke the RL9 at Snowmass with Parts Carnage in between.
He broke his RL9 Proto in the swing arm area and Tacoed a rim in 4x at Keystone.
He is fast as hell. He is Semi-Pro and Funny as heck and is one heck of a nice guy.
Mad props to Rotec sponsoring him. They have a great rider with a bright future!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
allsk8sno said:
yeah the rear wheel is elevated, as for the short TT, that is all the better for me!! but i doubt i would get that frame since i want something i can actually pedal uphills..looks sweet though
Not sure if I am remembering this right, but I think Sully offers the frame with a front deraileur mount, and cable routing.

Boxxer air or Fox 40, DHX air rear....up ya go.