Quantcast

Rotec parts in the UK????

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
I have a 2006/7 Rotec RL9 and am trying to find out if i can buy a rebuild kit and decal kit for it anywhere?

I have sent two emails to the guys at Rotec via thier website (to two different contacts...Sully and someone else)

But no reply (as yet) its been a couple weeks now.

I have slightly loose pivots and could do with all the caps/covers that go on bearings etc (otherwise i would just go to my local bearing store) so a full kit would be great.

Also, the front end is tatty and some new decals would make it look mint again...

Thanks for any info...

Old_Sckool

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
Sully is a helpful guy. But getting in touch with him can be a bit dicey.

When I had my Rotec, he always called me back. But it did take nearly 2 weeks once. I had all but given up on him, and then one day out of the blue, he called me back. He'd been on vacation at Whistler.

Not sure what his situation is now, but he is pretty much a one man show. But I'm sure he'll call you back. But I'd give him a call, and leave a voicemail in addition to your email.

Word of advice. Anytime you gotta get parts, order them well in advance. I missed a race waiting on a derailleur hanger last year. I was kinda bummed cause it took him 4 days to get it in the mail, after I spoke to him. Kinda ticked me off, cause he knew I had a race. But I know how easy it is to get distracted when you're janitor and CEO.

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
sully sent me a parts package to morzine in the summer, it was there waiting for me when i got to the chalet.
what addy have you been using? i got steady replies on grcomponents@yahoo.com
Sweet, i will try that email mate. I know it must be hard doing all the work (as it appears Sully does) but it does put me off 'Boutique' bikes a little as you can never just pop into a shop or order parts online...it always seems to take ages!

Thanks for the help though.

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Your spam filter may be grabbing his replies or they may be away at a show or something like that. You can always just give them a call. There really helpfully and should sort you out in no time.

PS great bike, Its one of my all time favourites:)

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hi Jay,

I responded to your email last email ( I only recieved one) on the 29th of Jan regarding your bits and decals along with my paypay account info. But had yet to recieve a response to that.

I've shipped several items overseas to customers during this time that include bearings, decals and hangers......so I'am somewhat stumped as to what happened with your request.

Just figured you would respond via paypal when you were ready. btw, I resent that response back to you, check your bulk/spam box.

You can always send me a PM via ridemonkey as well.....

Sully

Unless anything has changed in your needs the cost is still the same