Quantcast

Rotec RL9 rear hub

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think it depends on the year. The older ones had special made hadley hubs... I think it was a 137mm spacing, combined with the floating brake for a 150 rear end.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Unfortunately I know nothing about Rotec hub spacing. What I can confirm is that they have GREAT customer service. I almost bought an older rotec frame and had questions. They responded within 2 days with a very detailed and polite email. +rep to Rotec Customer Service.

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
All of the RL9s are 150mm rear spacing. Due to our intergrated rear floater that shares the same space as the hub you will require a hub that has a 150 hub shell but utllizes a 137mm axle (tube).

What this means is that the disc side of the hub must be flush (ie: no extension of the axle sticking out) as this space will be be filled by the floater.

I've seen Hope hubs modified by removing (machining off) this extension. Also seen DT Swiss hubs modified this way as well and with great results. The only other hub availiable that offers a detachable (removeble) end is the Sun Ringle Abba Lawwill rear hub but that hub is 134.5mm wide and will require a 3mm spacer as its not as wide as the Hadley.

Give us a shout if you have any questions.
Sully

Last edited: