Quantcast

Rotor Rub

Aug 17, 2004
Va Beach
Nothing. You need a smaller rotor. I've recently seen some moron actually notch-out his frame to fit the rotor. All the way thru the tubing. DON'T DO THAT!!

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
what frame is that? silly of the manufacturer to put disc tabs on if the rotor wont fit..

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm guessing this is a late 90's frame, when the standards for disc brake mounts were being worked on. I did not see a brake mount on the seat stay, the preferred location. I suppose the mount is on the chain stay, which has led to many broken stays.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
I cannot see where it is rubbing, looks like on the chainstay right? If it is only rubbing a little, why not put a 3 mm spacer in there to spread the dropouts a little like ciaran said? I know it is not as desireable a solution, but it is quick and easy, and the frame should tolerate that much deflection without an issue.

Zookster

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
Are those even disc tabs? They kind of look like the holes to mount Fenders or panniers.

I could be way off but its hard to tell from this angle, they just dont look beffy enough for disc tabs.