Quantcast

Round 1 Vertical Earth Gravity Games $5000 Cash Prize Purse

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA

Press Release:

The Vertical Earth Gravity Park at Blue Mountain Ski Resort will be holding Round 1 of the Vertical Earth Gravity Games on Sunday May 23st 2010, “ Opening Weekend.” The VEGG is a gravity inspired series featuring Downhill, Dual Slalom, Super D, and Four Cross. The first race kicks off with a LeMann’s Start Super D Race with a $5,000 Cash Prize Purse! $1,500 will be reserved for Open Pro Class and the fastest racers will win industry prizes from Profile, Hayes, Kenda, X-Fusion, and more.

The first race will be held on the new and improved upper “ Blue Rt. “ down thru our smaller of two jump parks and finishing on our new trail named “ Big Worm. “ This race course will have numerous passing areas with a challenging uphill burst to keep it even between the hammer heads and adrenaline junkies. Last year we had podium finishers on all bikes with the overall winner on a short travel bike !

Riders and racers can look forward to a great weekend full of camping, riding, and racing. The high speed quad will be running Saturday and Sunday from 9 - 4pm. Lift Tickets are $30 a day or Super D racers can register for $55 and receive a weekend pass. For all rules on the VEGG series please check the verticalearthpa.com website. Let the games begin !

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
Nice Dan, sounds good!
see you there, Ginger!- PJ

ps. please never ever use the terms "hammer heads and adrenaline junkies." they make me physically ill.

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
Got my pass @ $100. Still trying to twist arms to get my other buddys to get theirs before March 31st.

Definitely will be there opening weekend, not sure if I'll be racing super-D though.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
is it worth getting the season pass for Blue? are there enough trails there that i could justify going almost every weekend?
it is a lot closer than Diablow is to me.....

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
I bought mine when it was $100 so that pays back pretty quick for me. I rode at Blue 5 times last year I think, I never got bored with what they had at the time and with more trails coming online this summer I would expect to be there a lot. 6 trips to Blue is not a lot if its that much closer than Diablo, but if you have a pretty full race schedule then it might not be worth it.