Quantcast

Routine

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We force our computers to restart for updates, if the user doesn't do so after two days.

I set these policies and guess who just got notification of the forced reboot. Derp.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have one windows laptop that I use only for ECU/ECM tuning/mapping, programming radios and any other devices I have that require windows based software. I probably use it 2-3 times a year at the very most. Every time I fire it up I find myself in a 1 hour updating dance just to use it for 3 minutes worth of work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Next Steps: We understand how incredibly impactful and unacceptable this is and apologize deeply. We are continuously taking steps to improve the Microsoft Azure Platform and our processes to help ensure such incidents do not occur in the future. In the September incident we indicated our plans to “apply additional protections to the Azure AD service backend SDP system to prevent the class of issues identified here."

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Forgot I deleted some stuff a few weeks ago and am now emptying the recycle bin. Should have done this a different way, derp.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
For some reason I keep reading the title of this thread as "poutine" and am disappointed upon click. :(
I thought the thread title was Poutine.

Now I am hungry

and disapointed
I think I know what I am getting for dinner "takeout"

I once again fell for the Poutine trap

So here comes Windows 11, which means that my Dell XPS 8700 desktop, new in July of 2013, will require replacement since it does not support TSM encryption.

I would like something with two 1 TB SSDs, or maybe a 500 GB for C: and a TB for D:.

Currently running 24 GB memory, which seems sufficient, but will probably go for 32.

Last time I poked at this, Dell's offerings seemed limited, plus they'll want to sell me one with Windows 10, which ain't a huge deal, but...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My two computers aren't compatible. So I'll wait until 2025 until W10 is EOL before I worry about it.