Quantcast

RR: Restaurant Kevin Taylor

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So we hit up the Restaurant Kevin Taylor on Saturday night. Wife's b-day, buddy's wife's b-day.... it was a "special" occasion. Met our friends at the Denver Art Museum to see the new expansion. Good stuff.

Then off to dinner at KT's. We had a pre-dinner drink at the hotel bar before heading over for our early-ish seating. Spent a good while poring over the menu - there were a *lot* of tasty looking choices on this menu.

We all decided (strangely enough) to go for the 4-course tasting menu. And to start things off, the waiter brought out a complimentary appetizer of Kobe beef tri-tip with orange zest, capers, and some other crazy stuff. :D Good God was this stuff good. :drool:

Next up was the first course - I got foie gras which was quite tasty. The wife got the crab cake which was excellent. Second course was the forest mushroom soup. This was a very tasty dish. Wife had the duck salad which was even better.

Main course was breast of duck for me. This was over the top good. Breast of duck on a bed of spaghetti squash with pear tatin with duck confit on top of it all. Wife had the lamb loin which was as good if not better.

Dinner was accompanied by an '04 La Spinetta Barbera d'Asti which went really well with most of the courses that we all ordered.

All in all an excellent evening of classy dining.

Don't ask what the bill was. :cheers:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
what was the bill?

One bottle of wine for four? Do they have a pair wine option to go with each individual course?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
what was the bill?

One bottle of wine for four? Do they have a pair wine option to go with each individual course?
Yep - one bottle was *just* barely enough. My buddy's wife isn't really much of a wine drinker, though.

The four course was $65pp and there was an option to pair wine for a $45 supplement. Which we considered, but decided against since we were all ordering red wine friendly food, had had a cocktail before dinner, were planning on having a nightcap, and we drove downtown.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
sounds great. i take it w/ the 4 plate tasting that the plates were a bit more substantial, at least the entree?
Yep. The 5 course was apparently the same but included soup *and* salad. The 7 course was described as appetizer sized portions, but included two appetizers, soup, salad, fish *and* meat, and dessert.

Some day..... :D