Quantcast

RS domain??

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Im building up a budget bike for my girlfriend now that shes riding so i can have my turner back sometimes. Its a Haro X6 (the adjustable one 5/6" travel). as i look though used forks around the domain keeps popping up.

However im not familiar with it. I've got a boxxer and a pike now so im familiar with motion control. but is it the same motion control as the other 2 forks, (obviously the dh speedstack not included), or a lesser version. also any word on the build quality...

this might all be non issues but I hear budget freeride fork and all i think of is stance and most people in my area seem to go straight the high end forks so there are no domains around

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
its budget in price only, its a great fork! two travel options 160,and 180. Id stick with the shorter travel on that frame to keep the geometry close. also loctice the sh*t out of the pivot bolts!!!!

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
I've got a domain 318 180mm travel and it is really nice actually. Great fork. I like it alot

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
Awsome Fork! No doubt the best fork for little money. Ive been on the 318, and its been killer. it may be a bit heavy, but damn can it feel good. Best bang for 'yo buck.

adrock33

Monkey
May 7, 2002
kentucky
I had a 318 on my Haro and loved it. The only reason I switched was because of the weight. Also, I rode it for almost 2 years and never had a problem with it.

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
I've got a Tora and I've had a Pike 454. And I do like the Domain on my DH bike better than either of the previous two, but that's probably because it's coil compared to the others being air.

There is a mod on the MTBR forums that you can do taking out a shim, I did it to mine but am not really experienced enough to say if it's made a big difference to the small bump compliance, I think it has but (shrug).

Still it's a good fork, I certainly have no inclination to go for a Totem even if I had the cash.

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
I've got a Tora and I've had a Pike 454. And I do like the Domain on my DH bike better than either of the previous two, but that's probably because it's coil compared to the others being air.

There is a mod on the MTBR forums that you can do taking out a shim, I did it to mine but am not really experienced enough to say if it's made a big difference to the small bump compliance, I think it has but (shrug).

Still it's a good fork, I certainly have no inclination to go for a Totem even if I had the cash.