Quantcast

RS Totem

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Most detailed reply in the thread goes as far as saying a 2.8" tire was the fork's original max-size. That's from just over a year ago and the larger-than 27.5x2.3" tire does appear to have some room.
So this never caught your interest?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If you want a spare AVY damper I have one but it is in Australia town.
I bought it after mis-diagnosing my fork.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The grinding-part? Unsure... My fully bilt Avalanche Totem than a generic fork? Semi-confident yup!
I also have a 40 lower arch that was machined by Fox for testing. They ran a bunch of tests before letting us ride them. How much meat is in a Totem arch? Can we grind it our some for clearance and vacuum bag some glass and carbon back on her to get the stiffness back?

Sweet! Sounds sick. I’ve been blown away by Avy rear shocks in the past. I bet he can make a sweet fork cart/tune as well.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
I also have a 40 lower arch that was machined by Fox for testing. They ran a bunch of tests before letting us ride them. How much meat is in a Totem arch? Can we grind it our some for clearance and vacuum bag some glass and carbon back on her to get the stiffness back?

Sweet! Sounds sick. I’ve been blown away by Avy rear shocks in the past. I bet he can make a sweet fork cart/tune as well.
I'm working under the impression Totem fork lowers are Magnesium and have been heat treated. Non-heat treated Magnesium is a much different material in regards to strength.

The arch is an open shape, skewed ribbing making v's and x's along its inside. Even if it were possible to return the alloy back to whatever, it would lose alot of its intended structure.

Just going to let this idea run its course and, have never ridden a Fox fork. Maybe try one of those if I can't revive something from the past.

I'm working under the impression Totem fork lowers are Magnesium and have been heat treated. Non-heat treated Magnesium is a much different material in regards to strength.

The arch is an open shape, skewed ribbing making v's and x's along its inside. Even if it were possible to return the alloy back to whatever, it would lose alot of its intended structure.

Just going to let this idea run its course and, have never ridden a Fox fork. Maybe try one of those if I can't revive something from the past.
I suggest that you fabricate a fork from hop hornbeam.