Quantcast

RST Fork

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I've found some information here, here, and here.

Is anyone here running this fork? Opinions? Sounds to me like it's worth a try for the money. I just wish they made a 20mm version.

I have one on my Sinister Simon Bar. I think it's a great fork for the price. Also the customer service was great.

The only other fork that I know of that comes close to the price is the Reba. The Reba has a much higher msrp but can be had used or clearance for ~300. I think Speedgoat still has them listed for 365. The Reba has a bit more adjustability but that also means more fiddling to get it set up right. The RST works pretty nicely by just setting the pressure to get the right sag and you're set.

The Reba is also about 1/2 lb lighter but I found it rather noodly. For my money I'll take the weight hit and enjoy the stability and control of a more rigid platform. It does take some miles to break it in but it rides pretty smooth after running it in.

While I'm sure the Fox, WB and other higher end forks are all around nicer forks, I don't have the $$ to try them.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I have one on my Sinister Simon Bar. I think it's a great fork for the price. Also the customer service was great.

The only other fork that I know of that comes close to the price is the Reba. The Reba has a much higher msrp but can be had used or clearance for ~300. I think Speedgoat still has them listed for 365. The Reba has a bit more adjustability but that also means more fiddling to get it set up right. The RST works pretty nicely by just setting the pressure to get the right sag and you're set.

The Reba is also about 1/2 lb lighter but I found it rather noodly. For my money I'll take the weight hit and enjoy the stability and control of a more rigid platform. It does take some miles to break it in but it rides pretty smooth after running it in.

While I'm sure the Fox, WB and other higher end forks are all around nicer forks, I don't have the $$ to try them.
Because I'm a pretty big guy and really throw my bike around, I was a bit weary of the reba for the reason you mentioned. I might be able to find an affordable used WB for, but from what I've heard thus far, the RST seems like it might be the way to go until something else presents itself.