Quantcast

Rst Suspension...underated?

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
i got bored today and just started searching suspension companies. THen i rememberd my brother (not into biking watsoever) had a piece of crap RST on his bike. but i was bored, so i looked on their website. their DH fork doesnt look half bad http://www.rst.com.tw/product/pd2006/sigma-hill.htm

and their urban fork is one that I am seriously thinking about purchasing if I can find it anywhere

http://www.rst.com.tw/product/pd2006/space-jump.htm

they both look like great forks. tell me your opinion on RST's and whether they look worth it to buy.

I think some of RSt's stuff is underrated. From the very few I have ever seen, the owner swear by them. RST's high end stuff is good. nobody will ride cuz off the 'Huffy' stigma attached to it.
I'd be willing to bet that jump fork is almost as good as the Fox 36.
That may be a stretch though.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
If you initially rate them as "Total Crap" then yes. They may be underrated because theyre only "mostly crap"

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
If they're cheap and allow people to get into mt. biking then hooray for RST.

Personally i cannot afford to buy stuff that will not hold up to the punishment, which is why i'll use more expensive suspension that is durable as well as having superior performance.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
we need some place like go-ride or something to pick up one of their DH forks and the DJ fork and run em through the punishment and see how they work!! maybe RST would even supply them with the forks, considering lots of people might be more interested in them if there were some solid reviews...

splat

Nam I am
RST has come a long way from where they started. The problem is where they started, making forks for huffy that were total crap . Now they have that stigma attached to them even though they have come a long way. What is really needed is some reputable reviews on them to see how they really are now.

I built up a bike for my brother in law and I put an RST fork on it , and I must say it felt pretty good . the question I have is how will it last long term. and My brother in law is never going to push very hard so he won't be a good test.

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
allsk8sno said:
we need some place like go-ride or something to pick up one of their DH forks and the DJ fork and run em through the punishment and see how they work!! maybe RST would even supply them with the forks, considering lots of people might be more interested in them if there were some solid reviews...

I definetly agree with that. I am really interested in how those forks work. If RST has confidence in their product then they have nothing to loose, and everything to gain from giving a few forks to a group that will give them a fair review.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
splat said:
RST has come a long way from where they started. The problem is where they started, making forks for huffy that were total crap . Now they have that stigma attached to them even though they have come a long way. What is really needed is some reputable reviews on them to see how they really are now.

I built up a bike for my brother in law and I put an RST fork on it , and I must say it felt pretty good . the question I have is how will it last long term. and My brother in law is never going to push very hard so he won't be a good test.

You need reviews like this: