Quantcast

RT Conquered

Finally got the balls to attempt RT yesterday. Thanks to Zack I prolly wouldn't of tried, but by the fifth attempt I cleared it sweeeeet, I was even able to ride right out of it and hit the big jump after it! Some video footage will be posted within the week along with a few pics! Anyone down for hitting the shed next sunday????

Sep 30, 2004
Arlington VA
What does RT stand for?Rickety Trail?Anyway,great job!I'm not going to risk
riding that thing,I get a little sketched just riding by it if the wind is blowing.

:thumb:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Dartman said:
You had to ask didn't ya! :think:

Oh yes, yes, the question had to be asked!

The Rusty trombone is a sexual term that many of the people on the virginia board performed on each other while they were in Canada. It involves the motions of playing a trombone, and is called "rusty" for a reason.......

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
the answer that would scare me is WHO came up with it???

not to get all pink bike'ish on here, but its always hard to tell from pics what are the dimensions like on that thing???

i haven't been to the shed in 2 years :(

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I think the general concensus between the group who went to whistler was when stunts were made at the shed they would be named after obscure sexual terms. And since mr. dbr was head of construction he named it. And height of drop to the tip of the tranny is prolly 8ft and the overall drop is prolly 9-11ft.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
yeah, andrew is dead on. 8ft lip-to-lip, about 12ish if you overshoot the tranny (coughcoughbrianpcough)... Adam, you up for a little RT action in a couple weeks??? I know you'd be all over that.....:p

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
some define a rusty trombone as the following:

Getting the reacharound while getting your salad
tossed. Also known as milking the prostate.

hahaha

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
DßR said:
yeah, andrew is dead on. 8ft lip-to-lip, about 12ish if you overshoot the tranny (coughcoughbrianpcough)... Adam, you up for a little RT action in a couple weeks??? I know you'd be all over that.....:p

Yeah, the 12 feet feels really good if you just kinda tumble off it onto your head. I suggest everyone try it :)

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
sguhrofst8 said:
yep, i finally did it. and i can see this thread turned upside down. we need to build something called the "snowball"
--z--

so sorry Princess... we didn't mean to highjack your thread!!
would you like a cookie for your for your skills ;)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Animal Mother said:
so sorry Princess... we didn't mean to highjack your thread!!
would you like a cookie for your for your skills ;)

can I have a cookie when I finally nail it? I'm broke, and have no groceries. I'll eat what I can. I just had some Reese's for breakfast