Quantcast

Rubber Johnny

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Chris Cunningham is very talented.

So is Aphex.

Do you have the Director series DVD of his Videos?

The SquarePusher one is my favorite.

btw, my friend picked up the DVD, he said the movie is freaky, incredibly short but the book of stills that comes with it is worth the money alone.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
DVNT said:
Chris Cunningham is very talented.

So is Aphex.

Do you have the Director series DVD of his Videos?

The SquarePusher one is my favorite.

btw, my friend picked up the DVD, he said the movie is freaky, incredibly short but the book of stills that comes with it is worth the money alone.
I dunno anything but "the buzz" I've heard about this film, and I think it look very interesting and creative.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Chris Cunningham is a special fx genius.

He's done a lot of Music video work for Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Bjork and um.... Madonna.

He has also shot some freaky commercials for Nissan, Xerox and Playstation.

If you have any interest in design that's very dark and morbid (and i may be taking a wild guess that you do judging by your pic of Nivek Ogre) , you may like his stuff.
I'm sure some of it will look familiar :think:

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
I'm a big Apex twin/AFX fan and I like most things that Chris made, but "Rubber Johnny" was a little disappointing.
I waited almost a year (the time it took to make this short movie) and the result is okay, but not superb like most Cunningham stuff.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
i think that's a pic taken from the film.

Narlus, he's working on an extra long video with Squarepusher right now and is actually writing some music. Should be interesting.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
more avatar material......

Hmmm... Wonder what's for lunch today. Maybe pizza. :D

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
haha... sorry. listen to too much peter murphy in the morning :D

i don't really consider myself a goth. i just watch a ton of horror movies.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
so with out hitting up Google....how does this make this stuff (butt head, smashed cheeze face, etc...)?

does he just staple cheese & raw chicken together?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Nothing is more real than real. I think David Lynch used a cow fetus for the baby in Eraserhead.

Hmmm, what does sound good for lunch?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I know he does a ton of work with prosethetics and alot of it is done in editing.
I wish I could post a clip of a short called Monkey Drummer based off another Aphex Twin song.

click on view installation and sit through short commercial to see Video Clip

Lynch is great. I while back I went to a premier of a indy film / biography on him with a Q&A with the film maker. His stories are great. Did you know Lynch got his big break through Mel Brooks?