Quantcast

Ruh Roh George

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, I hurt my knee bruised my leg, blah blah blah.

It was feeling better today, and I hopped on a bike and rode probably a mile or less, just to get the leg moving (it really hasnt done much in the past week, just been stiff and sore) the first few minutes really hurt, then it started to get better, then the pain went away. I thought that was pretty cool.

Now here I am, getting ready for bed, and my whole knee is HELLA swollen.

Thats not good times

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I'm sorry, but the word "Hella" Is a registered trademark of NOR-CAL.

So unless you live in NOR-CAL, you owe me a quater...

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
You should see a doc. If your knee gets that inflamed there is something going bursitis (sp?) or some type of tear. It might be as simple as a cotizone shot to get the inflamation down and the knee will take care of itself.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Reactor said:
You should see a doc. If your knee gets that inflamed there is something going bursitis (sp?) or some type of tear. It might be as simple as a cotizone shot to get the inflamation down and the knee will take care of itself.

I was afraid of some type of tear... but it barely hurts anymore. I noticed today that the lower part of my leg is sort of swollen also. Thats not good times.

So I should go find an otrhopedist?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
BigMike said:
I was afraid of some type of tear... but it barely hurts anymore. I noticed today that the lower part of my leg is sort of swollen also. Thats not good times.

Just get drunk. That's what I would do.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
BigMike said:

That's ....interesting.... There are a several things the swollen lower leg could be, and a few of them aren't good, like thrombosis. On the other hand it could just be some deep bruising and associated edema. The Knee could be several things, like bursitis, a tear, or tendinitis/tendinosis (inflammation or small tears) from the original injury. I'm not a doctor, so I'm not even going to try to guess what you did. You have enough symptoms to make it worth while to see a doctor just in case. If your insurance allows it, and you don't have a long wait, I'd see the orthopedist, otherwise I'd at least see a GP. If you don't have insurance... that's a tough call. I did something to my knee a few years ago and didn't have insurance. By the time I did the swelling ahd went down and the doctors couldn't find out what was wrong, it just hurt.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Reactor said:
That's ....interesting.... There are a several things the swollen lower leg could be, and a few of them aren't good, like thrombosis. On the other hand it could just be some deep bruising and associated edema. The Knee could be several things, like bursitis, a tear, or tendinitis/tendinosis (inflammation or small tears) from the original injury. I'm not a doctor, so I'm not even going to try to guess what you did. You have enough symptoms to make it worth while to see a doctor just in case. If your insurance allows it, and you don't have a long wait, I'd see the orthopedist, otherwise I'd at least see a GP.

I went to the doc when it happened, and he said it was a deep bone bruise and a slight sprain.

That was a week and a half ago. the weird thing is its starting to hurt on my shin, down toward my ankle :confused:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
He'll probably just give you a big bottle of 800mg Ibuprofen and tell you to wait and see. Hopefully it'll help. It made a world of difference for me.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Repack said:
He'll probably just give you a big bottle of 800mg Ibuprofen and tell you to wait and see. Hopefully it'll help. It made a world of difference for me.

I've got plenty of that. I don't really take pain meds........except for migraines.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
BigMike said:
I've got plenty of that. I don't really take pain meds........except for migraines.
I like the Ibuprofen b/c it is an anti-inflamatory and not a pain med. In general I don't like meds, but the 800's ,made a HUGE difference for me.