Burberry - Coats/ leather shoulder bags
Ugg boots - Uptown Lace Up $180
Garrett Popcorn - Cheese and Carmel 17lbs. Tin $117
Apple - Video iPods 30GB $299
Ralph Lauren – Oprah Carmel colored Cashmere sweater $498
Pure Color - corduroy pants $160-170
Perfume - Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker $62
RIM/T-mobile - Blackberry + 3mo. Service $299
Deeply - Fudge Brownies –2lbs. $25 — "The best brownie I've had in my whole life." Oprah
Nike - 3ID Workout shoes $95 - personalize them online
Kashwere - Bathrobes - $145
Williams Sanoma - Croissants- shipped frozen to your door 15 for $39.95
Philosophy - Hope in a Jar face Cream- $105 for 8oz. Jar.
Philosophy - Picnic basket of Grace bath products $214
Fox & Obel - Oatmeal cookies tin $49.95
Oprah 20th Anniversary DVD collection $35
Sony - Vaio Laptop w/DVD player $1600

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The only year I've ever watched that, she gave away a Pontiac G6 to everyone in the audience, plus all the other goodies.

:eek:

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Hawkeye said:
And stuck them with the sales tax that they couldn't pay for.
Well, if you can't afford the sales tax for a $17K car, you probably can't afford to drive it, either.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Deeply - Fudge Brownies –2lbs. $25 — "The best brownie I've had in my whole life." Oprah
Those must be some super good brownies w/ all the brownies she eats!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hawkeye said:
And stuck them with the sales tax that they couldn't pay for.
:rolleyes:

Cry me a river. Gotta pay sales tax on a $17k brand new car that someone got for free. Boo hoo, life is so hard.

If you can't afford the sales tax, sell the freakin' car. It didn't cost you a nickel, even if you unloaded it for $10k to an extremely happy buyer, you'd make a huge profit.

stosh; Oprah's "favorite things" show is a once a year Christmas special where she chooses all of her favorite things and gives one each to every member of the audience. Audience usually makes out with a minimum of a couple thousand dollars worth of merchandise.

There's no way to actually get tickets to the show. Either the show is on a random date, or you get randomly chosen - can't remember which.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
merrrrjig said:
Those must be some super good brownies w/ all the brownies she eats!
I just saw your avitar:

Now when I say

"Kayne West doesn't like white people" can I gwet it on front page of the paper?

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
binary visions said:

Cry me a river. Gotta pay sales tax on a $17k brand new car that someone got for free. Boo hoo, life is so hard.

If you can't afford the sales tax, sell the freakin' car. It didn't cost you a nickel, even if you unloaded it for $10k to an extremely happy buyer, you'd make a huge profit.

stosh; Oprah's "favorite things" show is a once a year Christmas special where she chooses all of her favorite things and gives one each to every member of the audience. Audience usually makes out with a minimum of a thousand dollars worth of merchandise.

There's no way to actually get tickets to the show. Either the show is on a random date, or you get randomly chosen - can't remember which.

It's Oprah's "favorite people of the year"

This year

Katrina Hero's

last year: Teachers

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hawkeye said:
It's Oprah's "favorite people of the year"

This year

Katrina Hero's

last year: Teachers
Gotcha :thumb: - someone told me that it was a "general public" show like all the rest of her shows but apparently not.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:

I don't think you get to take the car till you pay the tax and registration. (I could be wrong though... anyone know?).

Of course most teachers can barely afford a VW bug...

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
rooftest said:
Well, if you can't afford the sales tax for a $17K car, you probably can't afford to drive it, either.
It wasn't just the sales tax. It's also taxed as $17K taxable income + prize tax (usually about 15% or something; someone else probably has better numbers).