Quantcast

Rulezman MX RRT Banshee Legend KIT?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How low would the BB be?

I mean you could just run the 27.5 version of the frame with a 29" front wheel and an angleset to compensate for the slack headtube?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The kit looks nice but a few questions:

1. When they say less progression they mean flattening the initial part of the leverage curve? Since the bike isn't progressive in the "hard to bottom out" kinda way. Quite the opposite.
2. Why does the zero back plate work only with specific shocks?
3. So zero antisquat or some changes to leverage curve to still have some sort of support for pedaling. Am I missing something? Last time I checked chainless feel = no antisquat = bouncy pedaling
4. How is the non bike Ohlins Shock better.
5. Short stem - no thank you

Still it made me want a legend again but not until I live through the professional mess I'm in.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
thats what the new lower linkage will be for?
The screenshot above says "The Legend 29" is a true native 29/29 DH weapon" and then they sell a link to adapt the bike to run a 27.5 rear tire.

But Banshee already makes a 27.5 Legend, which has more travel than the 29" version. So why not just run that with a 29" front and angleset?

The only other differences between the 27.5/29 frame appear to be the chain stay length and obviously BB height (if run in mullet config). Maybe the reach needs an update on the 27.5 frame?

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
The kit looks nice but a few questions:

1. When they say less progression they mean flattening the initial part of the leverage curve? Since the bike isn't progressive in the "hard to bottom out" kinda way. Quite the opposite.
2. Why does the zero back plate work only with specific shocks?
3. So zero antisquat or some changes to leverage curve to still have some sort of support for pedaling. Am I missing something? Last time I checked chainless feel = no antisquat = bouncy pedaling
4. How is the non bike Ohlins Shock better.
5. Short stem - no thank you

Still it made me want a legend again but not until I live through the professional mess I'm in.
Fortunately, I have the answers to your questions:
1. It is designed to be better. Bar none.
2.Because other shocks require 25microns semi-hard anodized pulleys, or else it voids the warranty.
3.Yes and YES.
4.Because it’s all gold, vs 58% for mtb shocks.
5.Perfect. Same price, just without stem.
Hope this helps.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Fortunately, I have the answers to your questions:
1. It is designed to be better. Bar none.
2.Because other shocks require 25microns semi-hard anodized pulleys, or else it voids the warranty.
3.Yes and YES.
4.Because it’s all gold, vs 58% for mtb shocks.
5.Perfect. Same price, just without stem.
Hope this helps.
1. Then why the weird phrasing
2. So the shock is compensating for lower precision of the linkage?
3. I don't get it. Yes and yes as in zero anti squat but still pedaling platform? So the platform is not derived from chain tension but leverage curve ala old vpp designs?
4. Gold is better because? Heat dissipation is not a huge problem on most modern coil shocks
5. Yeah that makes sense. Just a weird addition

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Going by how difficult it is to buy anything from rulezman good luck is all I will say, he's infuriating trying to deal with.

Surprised he's saying his modified manitous are better than the intends he also sells.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
3. I don't get it. Yes and yes as in zero anti squat but still pedaling platform? So the platform is not derived from chain tension but leverage curve ala old vpp designs?
4. Gold is better because? Heat dissipation is not a huge problem on most modern coil shocks
Haha sorry don’t try to make sens of those answers, I was just joking!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Wtf is the point of stripping and coating the outer tubes of a fork without a sliding bushing? I hope nobody is paying for that and expecting a performance difference.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
it just rulez man

it just does