Quantcast

Rumsfeld's Big Problem

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
He isn't Secretary of State. Can you remember a Secretary of Defense that got SO involved in State Department affairs. Even his little puppet Newt is attacking the State Department on his behalf.

Today he comes and says the Iraqis can whatever type of government they want as long as it isn't an Iranian style theocracy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,85068,00.html

The sad part of it is that he is seemingly blind to the fact that a fight with Powell is one that he can't win.

He has the capability to do a great deal of good work in the Defense Department. But he is not capable of the work required of State Department.

I have said this before the thing I notice most about this administration is the almost complete lack of cohesiveness within it. The State Department / Defense Department battles over Iraq, North Korea and Syria are only one part of it. Different aspects of the administration have different takes on practically every issue available.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I don't fully understand what you're trying to say.

Rumsfeld seems to be getting the job done. As for fighting with Colin Powell, umm, Powell's the one who's been backing down. I can't say since I'm not there, but I'm guessing that Bush's ear is owned by Rums and as long as that's the case, we follow Rums lead.

As for lack of cohesiveness, I don't see any more than what I expected for a situation like this. If you've read something that'll enlighten me, please post a link.