Quantcast

run time error

J

JRB

Some days I get it like 50 times. I figure it is a small price to pay.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Running XP O/S & IE ?

get Spybot or Ad-Aware...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888021
"When you try to browse the Web by using Microsoft Internet Explorer on your Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, Internet Explorer may unexpectedly quit. Or, you may receive the following error message:
Error: A runtime error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug?
Line 51.
Error: The callee (server(not server app)) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not execute.
Note This error message is displayed in the standard Internet Explorer window, not in a pop-up window.
CAUSE; This issue may occur if a third-party pop-up blocker is installed on your computer. Some pop-up blockers prevent frames or tables on a Web site from loading."

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ET_SoCal said:
Running XP O/S & IE ?

get Spyboy or Ad-Aware...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888021
"When you try to browse the Web by using Microsoft Internet Explorer on your Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, Internet Explorer may unexpectedly quit. Or, you may receive the following error message:
Error: A runtime error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug?
Line 51.
Error: The callee (server(not server app)) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not execute.
Note This error message is displayed in the standard Internet Explorer window, not in a pop-up window.
CAUSE; This issue may occur if a third-party pop-up blocker is installed on your computer. Some pop-up blockers prevent frames or tables on a Web site from loading."
XP Pro & IE........realatively new box so I have not bothered installing adaware/spybot, but now seems like it is time to do so :D

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
douglas said:
a bandaid to plug a hole in the damn, eh?
Nope. Some versions of IE came with script debugging on as a default which is dumb. Then crappy IE reports JS "errors" that other browsers don't have a problem with. It's just more IE BS. Turn off script debugging (it should be off), or better yet use Firefox.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Ridemonkey said:
Nope. Some versions of IE came with script debugging on as a default which is dumb. Then crappy IE reports JS "errors" that other browsers don't have a problem with. It's just more IE BS. Turn off script debugging (it should be off), or better yet use Firefox.

:confused:

but it just started today..........I havent changed anything in 5-6 weeks

J

JRB

Mine actually says something about no data found. It is IE at home, when I have to use it, that gives me the run-time error.

Ridemonkey said:
I heard a feller once bitching about his saw, which he had never learned how to sharpen... :rolleyes: