Quantcast

Rush Limbaugh tries to milk the troops

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks more like he is milking morons and feeding the sour milk to the troops. Sounds like a good idea to me, at least the troops will have a good supply of toilet paper.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hmm, if you had a radio show with paid internet subscriptions, and you were supporting your troops, wouldn't you just give them a free subscription?

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I wonder just how many posts there are in this forum that contain the words 'N8' and 'do you think'. And whether any of them received a reply.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I have no problem with Rush's program here.

I'd say 90% of the radios here at the base are tuned into him for 3 hours a day.

Most military people I know listen to PBS in the morning, Rush at lunch and PBS on the drive home.

The Armed Forces Network carries only 1 hour of Rush's show (it is the most requested) and a lot of military members would love to get the other 2 hours and Rush's offer gives them that.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
a lot of military members would love to get the other 2 hours and Rush's offer gives them that.
as pointed out already, the content and distribution of the website wouldn't cost any additional money. rush's "offer" is for people to give him money.

:stosh:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
N8 said:
I have no problem with Rush's program here.

I'd say 90% of the radios here at the base are tuned into him for 3 hours a day.

Most military people I know listen to PBS in the morning, Rush at lunch and PBS on the drive home.

The Armed Forces Network carries only 1 hour of Rush's show (it is the most requested) and a lot of military members would love to get the other 2 hours and Rush's offer gives them that.
I don't care if people like Rush. I do care that Rush is unwilling to cut into his profits to give away his internet feed.

And it is not that I am against the conservative host because of his politics. Jim Scoutten, the host of Shooting USA, has given away thousands of dollars of equipment to soldiers serving in Iraq, and he is a mouthpiece of the NRA.