Quantcast

Rush...or Prophet?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I can't figure out which forum to throw this in, since it sort of transcends boundaries, so I'll put it here. Anyone own any of these two bikes? The specific models I'm looking at are the Rush 1000 and Prophet 1000. I race some XC and 24 Hour solo, but I don't know if I want to do it enough to justify the 4.5 inch Rush (planning to race a lot of DH this year). I bought a DH bike a couple months ago, and I love it. I don't know how I ever rode a 4 inch XC bike in the first place...but I'm afraid the Prophet might be a bit too porky for my tastes. I'd also like a trailbike like the Prophet that I can thrash, but still go reasonably fast on. To complicate matters, I ride to work and school everyday on my XC bike (which will be going away if when I get the Cdale), as well as do a little messengering. I think I'd have more fun on a Prophet, but going slow sometimes drives me nuts. Shop says I should pickup a Rush because I race...Does anyone have complete weights? I've ridden both (parking lot tests), but I don't think thats a really good comparison. Does anyone have either of the bikes? I know plenty of guys on my team with Rushes, but they're all dyed in the wool XC types...

Sorry for the long, incoherent post...just really torn.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, if this is of any help, the C/Dale rep I spoke to at Sea Otter could not stop raving about the Rush.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I have both. The rush is amazing for all day in the saddle rides with some skilled to decent jumping skills. The prophet excels in the jumping/light freeride category. I have built one up at 25 lbs but the average weight for a high end prophet is 27lbs. The rush is a lot lighter and the angles are very different. Both handle very well and come spec'd incredibly ofr the price. I would say rush for trail/xc and prophet for trail/jump bike. Hope that helps. Any questions just pm me.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I own a Prophet and have ridden both. I wrote a review of the '05 Prophet 1000 a few days ago, which might be helpful. I say if you already have a DH bike, then the Rush might be a better fit. Both are great bikes, but the more XC oriented Rush would drop some weight and climb a little better.