Quantcast

Ruth just won a National Championship

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
congrats!

also, how does the classification system work? i see she won intermediate, i take this to mean there are higher levels? is she trying to advance to higher levels?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
congrats!

also, how does the classification system work? i see she won intermediate, i take this to mean there are higher levels? is she trying to advance to higher levels?
So above this are two more international levels. Intermediate 2, and Grand Prix (Olympic level). Her goal is to eventually get to Grand Prix. Next year she will be a amateur competing against the Professional riders in the CDI Small tour. Three days, three different tests. FEI Prix St George's, FEI Intermediate 1 and FEI Intermediate 1 Freestyle.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oh damn! That's pretty cool. Congratulations to her on having the dedication and fortitude to achieve such a high level of success. She deserves it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That's impressive. Well done. Just out of curiosity, how much time does this require, on a weekly basis? Just the riding... Not caring for the horses and mucking the stalls etc..

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So above this are two more international levels. Intermediate 2, and Grand Prix (Olympic level). Her goal is to eventually get to Grand Prix. Next year she will be a amateur competing against the Professional riders in the CDI Small tour. Three days, three different tests. FEI Prix St George's, FEI Intermediate 1 and FEI Intermediate 1 Freestyle.
interesting. sounds like she's on her way. good for her, and congrats!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
That's impressive. Well done. Just out of curiosity, how much time does this require, on a weekly basis? Just the riding... Not caring for the horses and mucking the stalls etc..
6 days a week one hour each day with only 20 minutes of that being upper level movements. Plus the horse gets 30 minutes a day in the automatic Walker to stretch her legs in the morning 7 days a week.