Quantcast

Rux!

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
A buddy of mine purchased a used DH bike. The only real issue was the rebound knob on top of the right stanchion doesn't turn at all.
Suntours site doesn't seem to have a rebuild manual and Google doesn't come up with anything for the Rux specifically.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Thanks! I didn't even think about that. When I saw it I tried to turn it and noticed that it didn't turn at all. The rebound knobs down bottom do turn, but don't seem to do much of anything. I think it's an ancient one. According to Suntours website, it's a 2010? I didn't know that they made them that long ago.

20220616_135551.jpg

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
The compression assembly on those things could get jammed on a heavy impact IIRC. That wasn't a cartridge fork, so you could just unscrew the compression dial, the nut at the top of the stanchion and try to take a look. Worst case you'll end up changing the oil.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I found the service people to be really helpful and replied to emails quickly.
Not sure I'd trust them to service a fork though.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
1. get vice grips
2. Turn clockwise for increased Rux's

That's all. You're welcome.
That'll break something for sure! It feels like when you're at the end of the adjustment and it turns that little bit more but springs back. But in both diruxions.

See what I did there! :banana:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I found the service people to be really helpful and replied to emails quickly.
Not sure I'd trust them to service a fork though.
Is this the only fork in the history of DH that isn't serviceable? Is there anything online about the Rux and typical service? Wiper and oil change? I haven't found anything.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Is this the only fork in the history of DH that isn't serviceable? Is there anything online about the Rux and typical service? Wiper and oil change? I haven't found anything.
I have no idea, I only had the Durolux which was okay but everything Suntour US did to my fork they got wrong.
Damper was underfilled so it would suck down and the neg spring was put in upside down so it rubbed the anno off the shaft.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Apparently that knob IS the rebound knob. After holding it with 2 hands, he broke it loose and the rebound changed. Who'da thought that the rebound was up top? Fucking SR Suntour...