Quantcast

rva national trials event aug 4th!!!

welshy

Chimp
Jul 28, 2006
richmond,va
This one is going to be big people!!! We have some big sponsers backing us and its the last round of the north american trials series, so it'll bring Americas best riders :biggrin:
We need all the support we can get in this relativly unknown, crazy sport of ours, so if you can make it out please do. We are setting up tents and fans hooked up to generaters to give spectators and riders a break from the heat.
Hope to see you all there.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I don't even know if i'll be in town that weekend, but If I am, I'll either be shooting snowshoe or the trials comp......:)

Matt, I'll call you if I can shoot your competition.

EDIT: If I am around, maybe I'll shoot the trials comp Sat, and go shoot Snowshoe Sunday :eek:

welshy

Chimp
Jul 28, 2006
richmond,va
One week to go peeps!!!!!
I know a lot of you will be at snowshoe, so for those that wont you should really try to make it out to belle isle. Its going to be THE trials event of the year. We already have some of the nations best pros coming in from as far as Colorado. And for those that cant make it, look out for the HD video coverage!!!!!!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
yeah yeah yeah, I hear ya, but I DO distinctly remember you shouting, in a very loud voice, DO NOT LET HIM HAVE THE TAPE! LOL!!!!

And you are correct, yo COULD ride stuff I couldn't walk! :p

I could however do it drunk! ;)

:D

:rofl:

Cheers! and best of luck!

welshy

Chimp
Jul 28, 2006
richmond,va
Aaaaww you guyths!!! :cupidarrow:

Mike, glad to hear you can make it man, its going to be pretty sick this year. I mean even sicker than last year!!!!!
We'll be out there Friday afternoon if you want to come out and help set the tape. It'd be much appreciated.
See you there mate!!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Aaaaww you guyths!!! :cupidarrow:

Mike, glad to hear you can make it man, its going to be pretty sick this year. I mean even sicker than last year!!!!!
We'll be out there Friday afternoon if you want to come out and help set the tape. It'd be much appreciated.
See you there mate!!
Cheers!

and

"Up the Irons!"

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Hey Matt,

My flight got changed to Friday, so It doesn't look like I'll be able to help you out with the setup. I'll still be there Sat. though! I'll call you later in the week.

I think you should set up a speed trials course :D

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
actually not a bad idea. the speed trials courses i have seen in moto trials are always exciting. its like trials drag racing. its also good for spectators as its easy to figure out how the hole thing works unlike regular trials which is not completely obvious to the spectators.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mongo, what the hell happened to you?!

Ya'll missed one helluva event! It was SUPER hot, but the planners were awesome, they had a ton of water, some easy ups, and a generator with box fans :thumb: good on them!

I'll have some pictures of tuesday evening, but for now, I'm off to the beach!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i went to drive down there are juust before 8 am and by 9:45 ish i still hadn't made it to fredricksburg!! at this point i was so pissed that i just could not deal with it any more so i turned around. i really wanted to go but i decided it was better not to be too pissed off than to go at that point

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
Nova and D.C. should be bulldozed flat and wiped off the map! I lived in D.C. for 10 years and you couldn't give me enough money to go anywhere near that place. Not to mention all the exhaust from the ridiculous amount of cars. I think I have taken years off my life just from breathing that sh!tty air. It's sad when cities 3 times as big have better public transportation than the nations capital. I guess it's tough to find funding for such transportation projects when it's all being spent on blowing up 3rd world countries for oil.

hokierider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
Right after Fredericksburg 95 usually opens right up. Until that point though 95 SUCKS! Just a side note too, there is NO ONE on route one between exit 126 in Fredericksburg and Richmond. I'm with Baxter on NOVA and DC being for the birds.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
well that day i stopped to get something to eat when i decided to head home and i over heard another guy say it was like that the whole why to Richmond that day. also having driven in the stuff all my life i know when it is bad and that day it was.

also to baxter that are not that many cities+metropolitan areas that are bigger is area or as populated as DC and considering the fact that many cities actually based their metro systems that are in the dc metro area it can't be that bad.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
I grew up in NYC and their transportation is hands down better than D.C. And NYC isn't basing anything they do on D.C. I hope no other city is either. If that is true, they should go ride 95, 395 and 495 before they trust sh!tty ass D.C.

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Give baxter and I some earth moving maCHeens and we could fix the transportation in our nations capital.
Im all about some public bike paths/bikes and that sort of thing, but after spending some time in Moscow (10 million, worlds largest and most efficient metro system) Ive learned how easily one can travel in high traffic areas. There are some true dedication towards car pooling and packing the bus's full.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
metro system as in buses and subway. you are right in that NYC didn't as they build there before D.C. ever had one. i'm also not saying that the highways are great either as i have to drive through the mixing bowl everyday. i know how bad it is not and how much worse it was about 4 years ago.

welshy

Chimp
Jul 28, 2006
richmond,va
Reuslts for those interested..
Pro

1. Brian Yezierski 10 points, 8 cleans
2. Mike Stedley 18 points, 4 cleans
3. Graham WIllham 31 points, 1 clean
4. Tom Ligon 34 points, 4 cleans
5. Robert Pfunder 50 points, 0 cleans
6. Mathew Browne 58 points, 0 cleans
7. Joseph Janicki 60 points, 0 cleans

Expert

1. Brandon Maynard 9 points, 2 cleans
2. Ryan Thompson 16 points, 3 cleans
3. Patrick Dugan 19 points, 3 cleans
4. Lance Kleftman 22 points, 3 cleans
5. Mikey Rosenburg 26 points, 0 cleans
6. Colin Blanehand 32 points, 0 cleans

Sport

1. John glazer 6 points, 10 cleans
2. Derek Keller 11 points, 6 cleans
3. Gary Culbert 12 points, 4 cleans (won 3rd in a ride off)
4. Chris Slydel 12 points, 4 cleans
5. Gregory Thompson 13 points, 6 cleans
6. Jay Hughen 16 points, 5 cleans
7. Ryan Shoemaker 36 points, 2 cleans
8. Max McWhirter 40 points, 4 cleans
9. Angelina Maynard 40 points, 0 clean
10. Stewart Wadsworth 45 points, 1 clean
11. Frank Brown 50 points, 1 clean
12. Max Gaitan 50 points, 0 cleans
13. Hinmanton Hisler 56 points, 0 cleans
14. Warren kennedy 60 poimts, 0 cleans

Begginer