Quantcast

Rx Glasses

Blueadder

Chimp
Jul 19, 2004
Lafayette, Louisiana
Transcend said:
You sure can! Send them off to oakley and they will sort you out. Just make sure that your RX will fit in that particular frame (lens thicknesses and spehere make a big difference here). Oakley lenses themselves are stunning, it is no contest compared to regular optometrist lenses in the same frame.
awesome. I'm thinking of getting the why 4.0(I don't see anything about why5.0 on oak's site) for daily casual use, and sending in my A wires to hopefully get Rx polorized lenses, which should help me save some money on the frame for a pair of sunglasses.

ah, so if my prescription changes, I won't have to buy all new glasses, I'll just be able to send them in for new lenses then. That's great.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Blueadder said:
awesome. I'm thinking of getting the why 4.0(I don't see anything about why5.0 on oak's site) for daily casual use, and sending in my A wires to hopefully get Rx polorized lenses, which should help me save some money on the frame for a pair of sunglasses.

ah, so if my prescription changes, I won't have to buy all new glasses, I'll just be able to send them in for new lenses then. That's great.
Just be aware that Oakley polarized is PRICEY.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Contacts are ok but as others have stated they aren't as clear as a "glass" lens.

i looked at Oakleys and brand names initially, but i really didn't want to blow that much dough just to look like a rock star.

The frames i own are "Rec Specs" Biker, have excellent peripherial, with shatterproof polycarb photo-gray lenses so they darken and lighten with the outdoor light. My insurance paid for the frames, but they only cost a little over a hundred.

Google it up, way better idea in my book than inserts....
http://www.libertyoptical.net/

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Blueadder said:
ah, I see what you mean there. Also, I don't see any difference between the split threads and the why 4.
MUCH thinner arms on the thread, and lighter as well.

There is a thread model, as well as a split thread. Split thread is what I have, rimless. The thread is identical, but has a rim around the lenses.

Blueadder

Chimp
Jul 19, 2004
Lafayette, Louisiana
Transcend said:
MUCH thinner arms on the thread, and lighter as well.

There is a thread model, as well as a split thread. Split thread is what I have, rimless. The thread is identical, but has a rim around the lenses.

ah, ok. I really like the rimless look for sure.

I think I'm sold on them and will stick with my A wires for riding and running. I've never had a problem with them coming lose or getting in the way of my helmets.

Thanks for the help guys.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Blueadder said:
i've always liked those gascans. For future knowledge, how much did they cost you with Rx lenses?
The gascans are cheap, but they don't stay on my face very well. No earsocks, no rubber on nose piece.

Can't mention my pricing, sorry.

I think retail is about $225 or so gascans, and about $275 on pretty much anything else. Figure about $100 for regular rx lenses on top of the retail frame price.

Blueadder

Chimp
Jul 19, 2004
Lafayette, Louisiana
Transcend said:
The gascans are cheap, but they don't stay on my face very well. No earsocks, no rubber on nose piece.

Can't mention my pricing, sorry.

I think retail is about $225 or so gascans, and about $275 on pretty much anything else. Figure about $100 for regular rx lenses on top of the retail frame price.
Gascans are $90 on Oakley's site. So about $200 with Rx lenses?
No worries on the pricing. I'm the same way with all the puma crap I have. I have family that works for them.